Since 2008, Mobilize has featured the mobile industry's most innovative business thinkers and technologists. This year, conference attendees will get a solid roadmap for the mobile-first world.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) August 16, 2012
GigaOM, a global technology media company, today announced new speakers and topics for GigaOM Mobilize 2012, the premiere event for mobile innovation taking place September 20-21 in San Francisco. Since 2008, Mobilize has featured the mobile industry's most innovative business thinkers and technologists. This year, conference attendees will get a solid roadmap for the mobile-first world.
Now that nearly every pocket holds a connected device, the mobile web has become embedded in the fabric of daily life and is quickly becoming the first point of access to the internet. Mobilize participants will examine the most significant technologies and business opportunities emerging from this surge of connected devices.
“Mobile is a way of life now,” said Kevin C. Tofel, senior writer for GigaOM and co-chair of Mobilize 2012. “As consumers increasingly go mobile before desktop, companies have to treat mobile as a core part of the business strategy instead of an afterthought.”
Topics to be discussed include:
- The multi-device, multi-screen connected home: Always-on complex devices and sensors produced by different manufacturers and connecting via different broadband technologies need to interact with one another in security, home automation and entertainment. Can one platform or device really run everything?
- The state of SoLoMo and the in-store experience: Mobile commerce is quickly being shaped by SoLoMo. As major retailers already possess valuable information about their customers, targeting them with products while they are in-store or nearby is the next step. What's next for this user experience?
- Can you pull a Zillow?: Almost overnight Zillow vaulted into the number-one spot for online real estate by focusing on mobile. How will Zillow defend its market leadership through mobility and how should other industries design mobility into the consumer experience?
- Apponomics: Why are some apps making vast amounts of money while others are not? Using the latest behavioral research, user acquisition patterns, and statistics on in-app purchases, panelists will debate monetization trends, techniques for optimizing revenue per user, and whether there is a recipe for app success.
- A unified platform for personalized learning: Digitizing educational content has the potential to transform learning and change the way teachers and students interact. In this fragmented market, what new ways will emerge to distribute content online and what models can be adapted from other industries?
- John Burke, senior vice president and general manager, converged experiences, Motorola Mobility
- Chris Jaffe, director of product innovation, Netflix
- Ann Shaub, director of product management, Verizon
- Marc Parrish, vice president, retention and loyalty marketing, Barnes & Noble.com
- Gibu Thomas, senior vice president, mobile and digital, Walmart
- Vineet Madan, senior vice president, new ventures and strategic services, McGraw-Hill Education
- Mehdi Maghsoodnia, chief executive officer, Rafter (previously BookRenter)
- Jeff Haynie, chief executive officer, Appcelerator
- Josh Williams, president and chief science officer, Kontagent
- Raj Aggarwal, chief executive officer and co-founder, Localytics
- Spencer Rascoff, chief executive officer, Zillow
Some of the world’s most influential companies, including headline sponsor RIM, have already lined up to sponsor Mobilize 2012, and sponsorships are expected to sell out early. To learn more about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities, contact Mike Sly at eventsales(at)gigaom(dot)com or 415-235-0358.
Sold out for the last four years, Mobilize is expected to be another sell out this year. Discounted supersaver tickets are available until August 18. Follow Mobilize on Twitter (@GigaOM) to stay up to date as new speakers and sessions are announced.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM has grown into the leading independent voice on emerging technologies and the disruption of media. The GigaOM news network’s online audience of 5.5 million monthly unique readers relies on its definitive coverage of cloud, mobile, cleantech, consumer web and media. GigaOM Pro offers the highest quality research and analysis of emerging technology markets and the companies making a difference in those sectors. GigaOM Events bring together the people innovating, shaping and defining the ongoing evolution of the technology industry.