Making wise decisions and maintaining a healthy surrounding for pets is essential, especially in the summer.
ATLANTA, GA (PRWEB) August 19, 2012
As record heat sweeps the US this summer, it’s important for pet parents to remember that daily outdoor activity can become quite risky. For example, each year dogs and cats die because owners leave their pet in the car while they run a “quick errand.” The truth is that temperatures can soar in cars, quickly reaching 120+ degree Fahrenheit in minutes, creating a deadly environment for helpless pets.
Making wise decisions and maintaining a healthy surrounding for pets is essential, especially in the summer. Protect Your Bubble has compiled a list of tips for consumers to ensure that they are aware of the risks.
Simple ways pet parents can avoid heat-related pet emergencies:
- Don’t leave dogs or cats in the car in hot weather, even if windows are cracked.
- Avoid strenuous exercise in hot, humid weather.
- Do not confine a dog on a leash in direct sunlight.
- Always ensure that pets have adequate water supply in hot weather.
- Walking on hot asphalt can burn dog and cat’s feet.
- Special attention should be paid to brachycephalic breeds (including Bulldogs, Pugs and Pekingese) when temperatures rise because of breathing difficulty due to hereditary respiratory conditions.
- Pet parents should monitor any boarding facilities and day cares to ensure that they adhere to these heat-related guidelines.
- Pet owners should monitor their dog’s outdoor playtime. They often don’t slow down until it’s too late.
If consumers suspect that their pet has been exposed to extreme heat-related situations, they should call their vet immediately. Consumers who take a proactive role in the health of their pets find that pet insurance is a great option. Protect Your Bubble offers pet insurance for dogs and cats and it covers vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions, behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. To learn more about pet insurance, visit ProtectYourBubble.com for a quick, two-minute quote.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA