Brochure to Dimitri Vlassis, Chief, UN Corruption & Economic Crime Office, UNODC, Vienna; Interview by Beatrice Edwards, Executive Director, Government Accountability Project, Washington DC, largest Whistleblower organization in US
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (PRWEB) August 31, 2012
Nihal Sri Ameresekere’s 11th book in a series of books, Overseas Corporate Structures, which Hide ‘Real Owners’ (published by AuthorHouse), documenting revelations in real case studies and dealing with subjects of corruption, fraud, economic crime, governance, and the rule of law, discloses in incisive detail strategies and facts, as to how real owners of assets and funds stash such assets and funds, in foreign regimes, hidden under a veil of complex corporate and trust structures, with real owners as beneficiaries, thereby impeding the tracing of such assets and funds, as required under the UN Convention Against Corruption in instances of politically exposed persons and in tracing proceeds of crime.
Author brilliantly reveals, with documentary evidence, extensive details of incisive investigations meticulously carried out by him, in tracing foreign assets and funds hidden in a complex structure of nominee companies, established in several foreign regimes, allegedly of a phenomenally successful, politically high-profile entrepreneur, who tragically crashes in his Lear Jet Aircraft in the Straits of Malacca, resulting in much speculation and controversy.
Author demonstrates the modus operandi, as to how funds and assets of politically exposed persons, forced to flee their countries, with siphoned resources of the impoverished people, could be hidden under complex corporate structures, set-up by professional organizations, providing nominee directors and nominee shareholders, with trust instruments, with the real beneficial owners, as beneficiaries of such trusts, thereby frustrating the tracing of their identities, and consequently the assets siphoned to foreign regimes.
This book is invaluable in instances of investigations, where political leaders and politically exposed persons are ousted from office, through mass uprisings and justifiable rebellions by people, whose resources have been pillaged and plundered, further impoverishing them, as recently witnessed in the Arab Spring.
Author’s investigations disclose secret complex corporate structures, headquartered in Hong Kong, with visible corporates operating in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, UK, and USA, with the ultimate beneficial owner’s secret trusteeship traced to an administrator in Lichtenstein, who does not dispute the name of the real beneficial owner, but requires proof of death and devolution on claimants. This is an invaluable book to those engaged in investigating and tracing wealth stashed away in foreign regimes by politically exposed persons hounded from their countries or in tracing proceeds of crime.
Author also sheds light on judicial proceedings vis-a-vis intestate estates of issueless deceased, analyzing the incongruousness of legal interpretations, and classical instances of unequal treatment before the law, tainted with politically inspired conduct. This is a valuable handbook to those involved in forensic accounting, investigations and law, and to those engaged in academic, educational and real endeavors in tracing assets and funds hidden in foreign regimes - an integral component of the UN Convention Against Corruption.
Books by the Author hitherto:
1. “UN Convention Against Corruption – To Combat Fraud & Corruption – a Cancerous Menace, with mere Rhetoric, subverts UN Convention”
2. “Colombo Hilton Hotel Construction - Fraud on Sri Lanka Government - Sri Lanka's First Derivative Action in Law” reported in the Commonwealth (Commercial) Law Reports (1992 CLR @ Page 637 / SC Appeal Nos. 33 & 34 / 1992)
3. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation - Sri Lanka Insurance Privatisation, handled by PricewaterhouseCoopers and Ernst & Young - Annulled as Unlawful & Illegal by Supreme Court” - of Sri Lanka in SC (FR) Application No. 158/2007
4. “Derivative / Hedging Deals by Citibank, USA, Standard Chartered Bank, UK, Deutsche Bank, Germany, with Sri Lanka Government's Petroleum Corporation - Dubious & Illegal ?” - re Supreme Court of Sri Lanka in SC (FR) Applications Nos. 535 & 536 / 2008 and Nos. 404 & 481/2009
5. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation - Colombo Port Bunkering Privatisation - Annulled as Illegal & Fraudulent by Supreme Court” of Sri Lanka in SC (FR) Application No. 209/2007
6. “Transparency & Public Accountability - Fiscal Mismanagement & Lack of Public Accountability - Case Study - Sri Lanka, a Country under the Purview of IMF, World Bank, ADB” – The Supreme Court of Sri Lanka in SC Reference No. 1/2004 & SC (SD) Application No. 3/2008
7. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation - Pillage of the Plantations in Sri Lanka”
8. “Colombo Hilton Hotel Construction - Fraud on Sri Lanka Government - Criminality Exposed, but Perversely Covered-up” – Special Presidential Commission Inquiry 1/98
9. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation – ‘Dubious Deals’ in Sri Lanka – What a Paradox !”
10. “Settlement of a Fraud – Colombo Hilton Hotel Construction - Fraud on Sri Lanka Government”
11. “Overseas Corporate Structures, which Hide Real Owners – Foreign Business Empire of a Sri Lankan Entrepreneur ?”
12. “Socio-Political Realities - Hilton Hotel Fiasco & Ad Hominem Legislation – Expropriation Law” – Fraud on the State & the People ! Lame duck Political Leaders ? Abuse of Legislative process ! Judicial Independence & Bias ?
SOURCE: Consultants 21 (Publications) Ltd.
Books are available from publishers, AuthorHouse US & UK http://www.authorhouse.com, http://www.authorhouse.co.uk, and internationally from leading e-retailers. For more information visit: http://www.consultants21.com/publications
AuthorHouse, an Author Solutions, Inc. self-publishing imprint, is a leading provider of book publishing, marketing, and bookselling services for authors around the globe and offers the industry’s only suite of Hollywood book-to-film services. Committed to providing the highest level of customer service, AuthorHouse assigns each author personal publishing and marketing consultants who provide guidance throughout the process. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, AuthorHouse will celebrate 15 years of service to authors in Sept. 2011.For more information or to publish a book visit authorhouse.com or call 1-888-519-5121. For the latest, follow @authorhouse on Twitter.
**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**
EDITORS: For review copies or interview requests, contact:
(When requesting a review copy, please provide a street address.)