Human expected to be the most popular Guild Wars 2 race upon release

Share Article

Survey by GW2Guide.net finds that the Human race is set to be the most popular Guild Wars 2 race when the game is released.

There is a huge amount of excitement in the air regarding the new Guild Wars 2 game which is set to be released on the 28th August 2012 with lots of discussions on forums and social media outlets. Representatives from the GW2 Guide at http://www.gw2guide.net/ headed over to such outlets in order to discuss the game and the bits the fans were most looking forward to playing once the game had been released.

GW2 Guide surveyed 1500 future gamers and asked what race they intended on playing once they got their hands on the game and secondly what profession they intended to go for once they were playing.

The results of the survey can easily be considered to be rather surprising with over 35% of those asked choosing the human race for their gaming characters. Comments which followed suggested this is due to many wishing to believe that they were playing in the actual game setting, playing themselves in a different role.

Sylavri, the inquisitive race and Azura, the intellects then followed in the most popular potential gaming races with 20% and 17% respectively.
Finally in the bottom two places was Charr with 17% of the votes and also Norn with 11% of the votes.

90% of those who had answered the survey had played Guild Wars in the past whereas the remaining 10% stated that they would be new players and their decisions were made after researching the game, races and professions on websites such as GW2 Guide.

In addition to the choice of races available there will also be a selection of professions to choose from such as Elementalist, Ranger, Thief, Warrior, Mesmer and Engineer with the latter being a new potential profession. Unlike the choice of race the results regarding the preferred profession were exceptionally close. Elementalist took the lead with 22% of the votes, followed by Thief with 16%, Guardian with 13%, Warrior with 12%, Ranger with 11%, Necromancer with 10% and both the Engineer and Mesmer having 8% of the votes each. Engineer coming in joint last place may be attributed to the fact that this is a new profession to the game and former players choosing professions that they already have experience with.

This data does suggest that the most popular type of character in the game will be a Human Elementalist, giving many the opportunity to choose a race and profession which has the necessary strengths and abilities in order to combat this and have a so called ‘edge’. By using guides to find the weaknesses of the human race and Elementalist profession the gamer can then choose a character and profession that can easily fight against these weaknesses.

The GW2Guide.net website has lots of guides, tips and advice regarding the races and professions which will of course make choosing the most effective race and profession combination easier for many!

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Dr M Mansoor Siddique
Follow us on
Visit website