"The addition of our sixth cohort moves us closer to our goal of transforming healthcare through lower cost and improved quality."
Appleton, WI (PRWEB) August 22, 2012
The Healthcare Value Network is pleased to announce the formation of its sixth cohort, or learning community, of health systems across the U.S. and Canada.
The Network unites healthcare leaders who share a commitment to providing high-quality, cost-effective care through the application of lean concepts. “We make it possible for leaders to learn, share and connect with other member organizations, across system lines,” explained Mike Stoecklein, director of the Network. “Dr. W. Edwards Deming once said, ‘knowledge crosses boundaries without a visa.’ That’s the essence of what we are trying to foster; a ‘win-win’ approach through collaboration.”
As part of the sixth cohort, the Network welcomes:
1. The Rouge Valley Health System: east Toronto and west Durham in the province of Ontario.
2. Nemours Children's Health System: Delaware, Florida, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
3. HealthEast Care System: Twin Cities East Metro area, Minnesota.
4. Carolinas Healthcare System: North and South Carolina.
This brings the total number of Network member organizations in the United States and Canada to 57. Members benefit from:
- Intensive site visits, known as Gemba Learning, at their colleagues’ facilities.
- Access to standard work templates, articles, webinars and videos, including exclusive member resources.
- The Network’s proven assessment methodology to gauge progress on their lean journeys.
- Peer-to-peer discussions, relationships and learning opportunities through affinity groups on special topics and other methods.
“We’re excited to reach more and more healthcare leaders who are willing to think and act differently,” said Helen Zak, president and COO of the ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value. “The addition of our sixth cohort moves us closer to our goal of transforming healthcare through lower cost and improved quality.”
Established in 2009, the Network was founded by the ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value and the Lean Enterprise Institute (LEI). It is now an integral part of the Center and its healthcare mission.
The ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value is transforming the healthcare industry to deliver higher value through experiments, collaboration and education that integrates three interdependent components: delivery, transparency and payment. In these areas, the Center spreads learning and accelerates improvement.