Washington, DC (PRWEB) August 22, 2012
Atlantic Information Services, Inc., publisher of Drug Benefit News and Specialty Pharmacy News, is pleased to announce its August 29 webinar, “Payer Strategies to Manage High-Cost Specialty Drugs Expected to Hit the Market Soon.” Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c2p29_082912 for more details and registration information.
Over the next 12 months, numerous specialty drugs are expected to hit the U.S. marketplace in multiple therapeutic conditions. While certain ones will only add to already-crowded classes, several should fill gaps in care that are sorely needed. Some will have relatively inexpensive price tags of about $30,000 per member per year, but others are likely to top $100,000. And with additional developments in the specialty space — such as the emergence of oral therapies in classes with previously only infusible treatments and the growing use of genetic testing — managing these drugs will become even more complicated.
In 60 minutes of expert presentations followed by a 30 minute Q&A session, Atheer Kaddis, senior vice president of sales and marketing from Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy, and William Sullivan, principal consultant for and founder of Specialty Pharmacy Solutions LLC, will address these and other key questions:
- Which of the new therapies should command the most attention, and why?
- How will these therapies impact the bottom lines of health insurers and employers? What steps can be taken to mitigate the impact?
- Which therapeutic conditions are likely to see new products? How are those classes managed now, and how might that change?
- How do newer therapies compare with existing treatments in terms of their clinical efficacy and price?
- As combination therapies (where two or more products are used as a treatment regimen) become more popular — and more costly — how can payers manage these drugs and their patient populations?
- How will the impending emergence of biosimilars impact the specialty drug pipeline?
- How can health plans take advantage of opportunities in the use and emergence of genetic testing, oral specialty drugs, orphan and ultra-orphan therapies, and clinical pathways?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c2p29_082912 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.