The Mobilize LaunchPad finalists give us a glimpse into the future of mobile apps and services.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) August 27, 2012
GigaOM, a global technology media company, today announced the winners of the Mobilize 2012 LaunchPad, a high-profile competition that recognizes the year’s most-promising mobile startups. The 10 finalists below were chosen for their groundbreaking technologies and business models that represent the future of the mobile industry.
- Dashlane mobile apps enable instant checkouts, registrations and logins across the web without any merchant-side integration, operating on a top-notch security and privacy platform.
- Eyeona reinforces the relationship between retailers and shoppers by enhancing the consumer buying experience through price transparency awareness.
- Infinite Canvas is an elegant and intuitive iPad app to author and share a new kind of non-linear media. It removes barriers between spectators and creators.
- InTooch is the smartest and most thrilling way to build and maintain social connections.
- myERP Intelligent Business Assistant lets customer run entire businesses, from CRM to accounting, by simply speaking to it naturally.
- OneTok allows developers to add voice controls to mobile apps quickly and easily so consumers can interact with them in a natural, conversational way.
- Phroni, created by Studio Ousia, automatically extracts keywords from texts using a machine-learning algorithm and enables users to tap the keyword to perform an instant search of Google, Wikipedia, Twitter and more.
- Restlet offers APISpark, the first PaaS to create, host, use and manage web APIs from a simple web browser.
- Snappli is a smartphone app that compresses data to deliver a faster and cheaper mobile experience that is secure and reported in real time.
- Thirst leverages proprietary natural language processor technology to search and index millions of tweets in real time to build a new interaction and experience.
"We see a lot of new apps and services everyday at GigaOM,” said Kevin Fitchard, senior writer for GigaOM and co-chair of Mobilize 2012. “A lot of them are me-too products that don't do much to move the meter on just what's possible with the mobile phone. The Mobilize LaunchPad companies are definitely the exceptions. They give us a glimpse into the future of mobile apps and services."
Mobile startups less than 12 months old, with a soon-to-launch or recently-launched product, were eligible to apply for LaunchPad. The finalists will present their business plans on stage at GigaOM Mobilize 2012, the premiere event for mobile innovation taking place September 20-21 in San Francisco. Now in its fifth year, Mobilize features the mobile industry’s most innovative business thinkers and technologists.
Sold out for the last four years, Mobilize is expected to be another sell out this year. Tickets are still available. Follow Mobilize on Twitter (@GigaOM) to stay up to date as new speakers and sessions are announced.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM has grown into the leading independent voice on emerging technologies and the disruption of media. The GigaOM news network’s online audience of 5.5 million monthly unique readers relies on its definitive coverage of cloud, mobile, cleantech, consumer web and media. GigaOM Pro offers the highest quality research and analysis of emerging technology markets and the companies making a difference in those sectors. GigaOM Events bring together the people innovating, shaping and defining the ongoing evolution of the technology industry.