(PRWEB) August 24, 2012
On September 19th, 2012, Tax Professionals' Resource is sponsoring "Document Retention: Compliance and Protectionism", a tax training webinar for CFOs, controllers and other tax professionals. The webinar will be held from 1:00-2:30 pm EST.
Sandford Saunders, Co-Managing Shareholder at international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP, is scheduled to speak on the importance of a document retention policy starting with the identification of what exists and what should be captured to the different rationales for implementing a retention policy - regulatory compliance to evidence in litigation.
According to Mr. Saunders, "There are numerous challenges to an effective policy, which if acknowledged can be worked through. Living with the existence of systematically retained documents is rewarding but premature statements which can be contradicted by contemporaneous documents and subjective comments can be read differently years later."
To learn more about this upcoming webinar, please visit http://www.taxprofessionalsresource.com/audio-conference/390205?c=11
About Sandford Saunders:
- Co-managing shareholder and ex-head of Litigation Section of Greenberg Traurig, LLP’s D.C. office
- Head U.S. lawyer in international defense team for Mikhail Khodorkovsky, ex-head of Yukos Oil Company
- Unfroze $4.9 billion frozen by Swiss authorities pursuant to a Russian MLAT
- Defeated Russian efforts to block sale of Yukos Lithuanian assets
- Presented U.S. expert witnesses for testimony in Russian criminal trial
- Key member of defense teams for two of the four largest pipeline facility failures in U.S. history; Brenham, Texas, 1991 and Carlsbad, New Mexico, 2000
- Represented numerous companies and individuals in government investigations and criminal, civil and administration proceedings
- Listed for litigation in Chambers & Partners, USA Guide, 2009
- Can be contacted at saunderss(at)gtlaw(dot)com
About Tax Professionals' Resource:
The Tax Professionals Resource is a training and development website dedicated to the enhancement of the tax profession. They are committed to the specific educational and developmental needs of members looking for unique, up-to-date tax training opportunities through audio conferences, seminars, webinars and articles. Members also gain access to product offerings and other educational tools that assist in securing their position at the forefront of their respective disciplines. Tax Professionals Resource delivers an overall experience that gives their community of tax professionals a distinct competitive advantage.