SEO.org.uk have released advice on essential but manageable steps which can be carried out by firms of all sizes
(PRWEB UK) 24 August 2012
SEO can be an overwhelming prospect for those without sufficient depth of knowledge in the area, especially small businesses with limited time or resources. In keeping with their commitment to customer satisfaction, SEO.org.uk have released advice on essential but manageable steps which can be carried out by firms of all sizes to improve their web exposure. Head of search at the online marketing firm, Matt Wood, explains his thoughts on the matter.
“SEO is a vast and complicated arena, with more to learn all the time. However it is possible to carry out a smaller scale optimisation campaign and still see positive effects, as long as you follow the right techniques”, explains Matt.
- Target local search terms. Those who run a local business and are looking to reach out to local customers should reflect this within their keyword selection. Not only will these provide more relevant traffic, but there will be less competition for geographically specific search terms.
- When targeting local customers, link building is also especially important. Linking to other local businesses that your consumer base might frequent, as well as local directories, will help build more of a local online community around your brand.
- Take advantage of affordable marketing tools. For those with smaller budgets, social media marketing is even more essential than ever. Helping to create awareness, gain trust and interact with an audience has endless benefits, and best of all it is free. Blogs are another cost effective way or building your SERPs, as are press releases. Press release distribution sites range in level and authority but still remain one of the most effective ways of promoting a business on the web.
- Ensure the technical set up of your website is search engine friendly. Whilst it is important to make sure a site is visually pleasing and easy to navigate for visitors, it is just as important, yet sometimes an area that is overlooked, to optimise for the search engines too. In particular it would be recommendable to focus on the folder structure and HTML readability.
- For those setting their sights high, it may be time to approach a trusted and successful SEO agency. In order to achieve first pages SERPs you really do need to commit a large amount of time and effort and if you can’t commit to these or don’t possess the expertise necessary, it might be time to enlist some help.
SEO.org.uk was established in 2007 in Chelmsford, Essex with the aim of bringing effective yet affordable online marketing services to companies from all industries and backgrounds. The company offers a huge range of services including search engine optimisation, Pay Per Click account management, social media marketing and website design.