London, UK (PRWEB) August 25, 2012
Shiply today announced the launch of its iPhone app for transport providers to help them manage their deliveries more effectively on the go.
- Find Work: Transport providers can easily find jobs locally or on their routes with the Search function. Essential information about the delivery including any photos, the pickup and delivery locations, and number of bids already placed is shown on the search page with further details available after a single tap.
- Manage Communications: The app provides a quick and easy messaging function for transport providers to keep in touch with their customers wherever they are.
- Manage Deliveries: Transport providers can manage all their current, accepted and declined quotes instantly with the Shiply app.
- Local Deliveries on the Go: Using the iPhone geo-location service, the Shiply app is able to quickly search for local jobs close to the transport provider’s current location.
- Delivery Details with Optimal Route: The Shiply app has a built-in Google Maps feature to show the optimal delivery route based on current traffic.
- Instant Notifications: When a quote is accepted, declined or when there’s a message, the transport provider will receive instant notifications directly to their iPhone.
The app, which was developed in house by Shiply, can be used on both iPhones and iPads, making it extremely versatile.
Robert Matthams, Managing Directory of Shiply, said: “The Shiply iPhone app meets a growing demand from our transport providers to use the site on the go. With the app’s optimised features, transport companies can now manage their Shiply activities anywhere, anytime without the need of a computer. It’s an all-in-one solution.”