Tampa, FL (PRWEB) August 28, 2012
The nationally recognized Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists (PAHCS) headquartered in Tampa, Florida announces a free program designed to help providers and medical coders as they prepare for ICD-10-CM implementation on October 1, 2014.
The PAHCS ICD-10-CM program is a series of tutorials, webinars and material, available at no cost to PAHCS members, designed to help coders and providers understand and learn more about ICD-10-CM. Tutorials include terminology, documentation and implementation strategies.
As providers and coders prepare for ICD-10-CM PAHCS offer these thoughts:
1. ICD-10-CM codes are more specific so there are more codes and many codes will require better documentation to match the specificity of the code.
2. Coders should brush up on anatomy and physiology for their specialty.
3. The ICD-10-CM numbering system can be learned in minutes and it’s easy to use.
4. Do some preparation each quarter. PAHCS recommends learning and using the new documentation requirements for common codes your practice now uses.
5. Visit http://www.cms.gov/icd10.
6. PAHCS will not require a special competency exam for ICD-10-CM. The National
Director of PAHCS, Lee Browder, was quoted as saying “Professional coders will easily learn and adapt to the changes brought on by ICD-10-CM.”.
Find out more about PAHCS and our specialty certification programs by visiting us on line at http://www.PAHCS.org.