Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland (PRWEB UK) 23 August 2012
Greater convenience, more opportunity
With Ericsson IPX, Lotaris enables ISVs and developers to offer mobile consumers the convenience of paying for apps and digital content through the consumer’s own mobile billing plan. According to Ericsson IPX, completion rates for mobile operator payments are 10-15 times higher than for credit card purchases.*
The added convenience plus Lotaris platform’s flexibility also opens new sales channels for ISVs and developers. These include direct sales, the Windows 8 Store, device manufacturers and mobile operators.
The expanded payment offering
- In-Application Payment – Freemium, rental, assets, subscription. Allows dynamic pricing of digital goods as well as one-click payment.
- Mobile Web – Mobile web subscriptions, online payment. With this one-click- payment method, the amount is automatically deducted from the consumer's pre-paid account or added to their mobile phone bill.
- Web – Web PIN opt-in. Users enter their mobile number to receive a four-digit PIN via SMS; enter the PIN to authorize the transaction; and are charged on their next mobile phone bill.
- SMS – Lotaris automates payment processes via Premium SMS, standard rate SMS, free-to-consumer SMS and premium SMS subscriptions for maximum user comfort. Users select the options they want and pay via text message.
Simplicity and support
Activating mobile operators is simple: Single integration with the Lotaris client library enables all mobile operators simultaneously, while Ericsson IPX has a direct presence in each market in case specific approvals are required. ISVs and developers using the Lotaris platform will also benefit from Ericsson IPX’s:
- Full market coverage
- Direct operator connections and close operator relations
- Local sales staff and technical support in all markets
- 24/7 monitoring and assistance
- Latest payment technology
Lotaris gives application developers, vendors and distributors a more effective and intelligent way of managing and monetising their mobile applications. Independent of device, network or channel, the Lotaris platform allows applications to be licensed according to the behaviours and preferences of their users, maximising both the usability and profitability of the application. It is used by a diverse range of companies, from established software vendors to games developers. Based in Switzerland, with subsidiaries in San Francisco, Singapore and Tokyo, Lotaris distributes its platform services worldwide. For more details please visit lotaris.com.
About Ericsson IPX
Ericsson Internet Payment Exchange (IPX) is a global mobile commerce and connectivity enabler. As a carrier/operator payment broker, we provide delivery and charging, using direct billing, premium SMS, Web and online mobile payment. Our customers are more than 1000 successful multinationals reaching consumers with high disposable incomes in many countries across the globe. IPX’s direct connections to more than 100 mobile operators enable us to offer secure delivery and rapid payment services for both electronic and physical goods to large companies, handset manufacturers, application stores, payment aggregators, mobile marketing, communities and banks. For more than ten years we have provided the solutions and handled the complexity of doing seamless global business across both internet and mobile.