"We welcome Postini customers to try Barracuda Networks’ email security solutions risk free for six months, particularly as they are going through this forced transition period."
Campbell, Calif., August 24, 2012 (PRWEB) August 24, 2012
Barracuda Networks Inc., the leading provider of security, networking and data protection solutions, today announced it is offering six months of free email security via the Barracuda Email Security Service and Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall. This featured transition plan is offered to customers who are looking to replace Google Postini, as Google is forcing customers to transfer their accounts to Google Apps.
Barracuda Networks is making this bold transition available on the heels of Google’s announcement that the company is retiring the Postini service by next year. According to an article on CNET (1), Postini customers who choose not to transfer their accounts to Google Apps will see their Postini service terminated, leaving their inboxes open to spam, phishing attacks and other email-security threats.
"While Google is trying to push their customers to Google Apps, we recognize that many organizations want a choice," said Stephen Pao, vice president of product management for Barracuda Networks. "Between our pure cloud solutions, our hardware appliance and our virtual appliance deployment options, we've found we can fit into just about any customer environment fulfilling a broad spectrum of privacy requirements. We welcome Postini customers to try Barracuda Networks’ email security solutions risk free for six months, particularly as they are going through this forced transition period."
Why make the switch?
In addition to the cost benefits of receiving six months of email security free of charge, Barracuda Networks makes the transition from Google Postini an easy one with multiple benefits:
- Controlled privacy – Customers concerned with privacy issues related to Google Apps can be assured that Barracuda Networks does not collect any information for the purpose of serving advertisements.
- Attractive pricing – Barracuda Networks is known for its cost-effective solutions, with all-inclusive pricing on email security, web security, application security, next generation firewalls, storage, backup and more. Both the Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall and Barracuda Email Security Service provide more competitive pricing than Google Postini.
- Encryption and other advanced features – Barracuda Networks’ email security solutions include advanced features such as encryption and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) for no additional charge.
Google Postini customers interested in taking advantage of the Barracuda Networks offer for free email security for six months can sign up at: https://www.barracudanetworks.com/postini
Connect with Barracuda Networks Online:
- Barracuda Networks YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/barracuda
- Barracuda Networks on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/barracudanetworks
- Barracuda Networks on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/barracuda
- Barracuda Labs on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/barracudalabs
1. CNET: Google to Retire Postini, Migrate Features to Google Apps: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57497844-93/google-to-retire-postini-migrate-features-to-google-apps/
2. Support.google.com: http://support.google.com/postini/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2717451&topic=2717405&ctx=topic
About the Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall
The Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall provides a powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solution for complete protection of an organization’s email infrastructure. It eliminates spam and virus intrusions while safeguarding an organization’s reputation through content inspection based on policy for both inbound and outbound email. Outbound filtering also prevents confidential or sensitive information from being purposely or inadvertently leaked outside the organization.
About the Barracuda Email Security Service
The Barracuda Email Security Service is a comprehensive and affordable cloud-based email security service that protects both inbound and outbound email against the latest spam, viruses, worms, phishing and denial of service attacks. Barracuda Email Security Service also includes email encryption and Data Loss Prevention features at no additional charge.
About Barracuda Networks
Barracuda Networks combines premises-based gateways and software, virtual appliances, cloud services, and sophisticated remote support to deliver comprehensive content and network security, data protection and application delivery solutions. The company’s expansive product portfolio includes offerings for protection against email and Web threats as well as products that improve application delivery and network access, message archiving, backup and data protection. Coca-Cola, FedEx, Harvard University, IBM, L'Oreal, and Europcar are among the more than 150,000 organizations protecting their IT infrastructures with Barracuda Networks’ range of affordable, easy-to-deploy and manage solutions. Barracuda Networks is privately held with its International Headquarters in Campbell, Calif. For more information, please visit http://www.barracudanetworks.com.