Meetings are the engine for business success, and the business calendar is broken. Meshin plans to make it smart again.
Palo Alto, CA (PRWEB) August 24, 2012
Meshin (http://www.meshin.com), a Xerox funded incubator project at PARC, today announced the availability of a major new release of its free business calendar app for Android users called Meshin Calendar: for Evernote. Formerly known as Meshin Recall, Meshin Calendar: for Evernote uses contextual intelligence and smart prompts to help business professionals better prepare, organize and run successful meetings. The new app is available on Google Play. The app will also be featured at the Evernote Trunk Conference 2012 on August 24.
Meshin has utilized PARC’s world-renowned semantic software application research to develop Meshin Calendar: for Evernote. The result is a smart calendar app for Evernote business users that analyzes the meeting agenda, attendees and location and automatically provides prompts for missing logistical information and suggests contextually relevant information from Evernote — such as notes, files, photos and more — to help make the meeting a success.
The full feature list includes:
- Smart Prompts: Ensures that users will always be prepared for meetings by prompting them to set an agenda, include Evernote notes, include a meeting location, advise on attendee status, etc.
- Contextual Intelligence: Auto-tags notes from Evernote according to user preferences, and even suggests notes that may be relevant to meetings based on the agenda, location, and attendees.
- Cross-device Syncing: Unifies and syncs multiple calendars across devices into a single elegant view.
- Create Notes: Creates and attaches Evernote notes containing text, audio, or photos for any meeting.
- Sharing: View and share Evernote notes with meeting attendees or others via the event or email.
- Mapping: Utilize embedded maps in calendar invitations to always get to the correct meeting location on time.
- Rate Meetings: Tired of horrible meetings? Want to commend someone on running a great meeting? Publicly or privately rate meetings with Meshin Calendar: for Evernote.
“Business is about relationships, and meetings are the key social interactions of business professionals. Being unprepared for meetings costs your company business, and costs you money,” said Kristen Galliani, Co-founder of Meshin. “We are excited to release the first in a series of smart apps and features that uses the PARC semantic research to help business professional conduct more effective meetings.”
Meshin Calendar: for Evernote is available today for Android and iPhone. An iOS version optimized for iPad is coming soon. Sign up for the private beta at http://www.meshin.com.
Meshin, a Xerox funded project incubated inside Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), grew out of PARC’s world-renowned semantic software application research. Meshin’s team of seasoned business professionals, with support from PARC researchers, have now created a mobile business calendar application that supports Evernote functionality so that Evernote users will enjoy a seamless experience across communications platforms.