With this release the richness of our OBD-2 diagnostics and trip related data cannot be matched by any GPS & AVL systems which rely only on location data to perform fleet management analysis.
Carbondale, PA (PRWEB) August 28, 2012
Prova Systems, a leading developer of wireless OBD-2 VHM diagnostic monitors and trip loggers for vehicle fleet management systems, fleet maintenance systems, usage-based insurance (UBI) and distracted driver management, is announcing availability of firmware release 12 for its VHM OBD-2 fleet management hardware. The announcement was made today by Prova Systems.
The new release offers new capabilities in Prova’s powerful OBD-2 trip logger and diagnostic monitor/analyzer for fleet management. The new software implements several new features including
- a new capability to track and report actual fuel used by each vehicle by speed band for every trip;
- automatic wireless driver identification through the inclusion of a driver ID inserted into each trip record making it possible to identify every driver of any vehicle trip-by-trip;
- powerful new DTC (diagnostic trouble code) tracking and logging function which timestamps every DTC value with a log entry for easier fault tracking and analysis;
- new idle event tracking that tracks every engine idle event to support efforts to reduce fuel consumption and waste caused by excessive idling;
- a supported OBD-2 Parameter ID (PID) query table to permit fleet managers and service professionals access to a complete list of an individual vehicle’s support PIDs.
“The v12 release enhances the fleet management capabilities of our OBD-2 devices,” remarked John Collins, Prova Systems President, “the richness of our OBD-2 diagnostics and trip related data cannot be matched by any GPS & AVL systems which rely only on location data to perform fleet management analysis.”
The new release supports every Prova OBD-2 device installed today and can be upgraded through a customer’s existing maintenance contract or through an existing Prova partner.
The new release comes with an SDK update with support for .NET, Linux and iOS development environments.
The new release will be featured at Prova’s fleet management seminars which start in Northeastern PA in September 2012. More information and registration for those seminars is at http://www.fleet-genius.com
The new release will be delivered to existing Fleet Manager in a Box customers and Prova partners for inclusion into their own fleet management applications by the end of August 2012.
ABOUT PROVA SYSTEMS: Prova Systems designs and manufactures wireless vehicle diagnostics systems for use in fleet management, drive-by emissions testing, secure access controls, usage based insurance and distracted driver programs and other critical commercial vehicle applications. Prova’s line of wireless OBD-2 vehicle monitors, wireless sensors and analysis products capture real-time operational diagnostics for use in its own Fleet Genius™ SAAS application and 3rd party products. The company focuses on OEM and aftermarket technologies which make consumer and commercial vehicles safer, more fuel efficient and greener. The company is based in Carbondale, PA and sells its products directly and through resellers in the USA and internationally. http://www.provasys.com http://www.fleet-genius.com