I am delighted we were able to win this award back-to-back. It shows that despite the intense competition in the home loan market, our mortgage products across all categories represent fantastic value for money.
(PRWEB) August 29, 2012
Newcastle Permanent Building Society has again been recognised as Home Lender of the Year at the Financial Review Smart Investor Blue Ribbon Awards for 2012.
The prestigious award is open to all financial institutions including the major banks, making the win much more significant for a regionally based organisation.
Newcastle Permanent CEO Terry Millett said the Building Society has now won this award three times in four years, which is an acknowledgement of the high quality home loan products, exceptional member service consistently competitive pricing Newcastle Permanent members enjoy.
“I am delighted we were able to win this award back-to-back. It shows that despite the intense competition in the home loan market, our mortgage products across all categories represent fantastic value for money and are of the highest quality available in Australia,” Mr Millett said.
“The reason we can offer such competitive home loans and continue to outperform the major banks is that as a customer-owned banking organisation we are not aggressively focussed on shareholder returns and profits like the major banks.
“At more than $8 billion in assets, Newcastle Permanent is the largest customer-owned banking institution in NSW and is a genuine alternative to the traditional banks. Winning the Home Lender of the Year award for the third time in four years is strong evidence of that," Mr Millett said.
Newcastle Permanent also achieved back-to-back awards for Building Society of the Year and best Premium Home Loan Banking Package and was the only full-service financial institution to win four awards.
Newcastle Permanent Building Society – Company Backgrounder
- Established 109 years ago and like the major banks operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) and is regulated under the Banking Act 1959 of the Commonwealth of Australia.
- A mutual financial services organisation without any shareholders. Profits are retained to deliver higher quality, multi-award winning products, more competitive interest rates and lower fees for our members.
- Australia’s largest building society.
- Total assets of more than $8 billion.
- Conveniently located branches in Sydney, Newcastle and the Hunter, Central Coast, Mid North Coast, New England and Northern Rivers regions of NSW.
- Highly professional and experienced teams of mobile home lenders, financial planners and business relationship managers.
- Australia-wide network of more than 3,000 ATMs* and highly secure phone and internet banking services.
*Includes the network of ATMs operated by Westpac Banking Corporation, Bank of Melbourne, St.George Bank Limited and BankSA
- Multi-award winning product range including:
- More than 20 Canstar 5-star rated products.
- Building Society of the Year Consumer Finance Awards Money Magazine 2012
- Home Lender of the Year 2011 and 2009, Financial Review, Smart Investor Blue