Protect Your Bubble shares recent statistics that prove that texting and driving don’t mix
Atlanta, Ga. (PRWEB) August 27, 2012
Gadget insurance brand, Protect Your Bubble, understands that gadgets are a big part of consumer’s lives who continuously stay plugged in to keep up with friends, say “I love you” to family, or get that tweet out before someone else does. Unfortunately, many forget to unplug when they get behind the wheel. Recent statistics prove texting and driving don’t mix.
Texting and Driving Statistics according to a HealthDay Poll:
- 37 percent of drivers have texted while driving, 18 percent do it regularly
- 6,000 deaths and 500,000 injuries resulted from texting and driving
- Driver’s under the age of 20 are most likely to text and drive, and 60 percent admit to it
- A driver texting spends more than 75 percent of the time looking at their phone rather than the road
Phone carriers are looking into steps to take texting out of the driving equation by disabling mobile devices and implementing automatic replies to senders letting them know that the recipient is driving. These options give parents control of their teen’s devices when these inexperienced drivers are stepping behind the wheel. Unfortunately, most of these are not yet realities.
Protect Your Bubble Recommends Taking These Steps:
- Use hands free devices
- If the headset is not available, drivers should use the speaker phone
- It’s crucial to ignore the incoming text, or set up the device to read texts aloud
- It’s recommended to always stay alert and watch out for people texting while driving
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, and 24/7 emergency services. In addition, the concierge service provides restaurant reservations, arranges golf tee times, and more.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and routine wellness visits. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA