Washington, DC (PRWEB) August 28, 2012
Atlantic Information Services, publisher of Health Plan Week, AIS’s Directory of Health Plans and Medicare Advantage News, is pleased to announce the publication of Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data: 2012-2013, the latest edition of the comprehensive best-selling annual book packed with insights into important trends that are re-shaping the health care industry.
In 18 well-organized chapters, Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data delivers the most current and relevant information on:
- Business News — with data on company news and events, financial and stock market performance, M & A activity, and executive compensation
- Strategies and Markets — in-depth looks at enrollment and market share trends, product launches, and coverage expansions such as the overseas market and un- and under-insured populations
- Industrywide Trends — such as value-based benefit designs, employer strategies, retail marketing and rebranding efforts, and disease management and wellness initiatives
- Issues — including rate-setting practices, provider contracting issues, and records security and data protection management strategies
- Pharmacy Benefit Strategies — details about tactics for pricing disputes, generics use, genetic testing, coupons and copay programs, and medication therapy management
Not only does Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data provide information on the business side of things — such as company financial performances, mergers and acquisitions, and executive compensation trends — it also functions as an easy-to-understand state-of-the-industry report by looking at:
- Health plan company activity, such as leadership changes, enrollment trends, rate increases, corporate lobbying and donations, and new affiliations
- Ways companies are handling specific health issues such as autism, diabetes, influenza, and obesity
- Product development for un- and under-insured populations
- Provider contracting, including network administration tactics, health information exchanges, reimbursement, and quality initiatives
The 2012-2013 edition also features a chapter dedicated to coverage of the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision on the Affordable Care Act, exploring its impact on the health care industry and discussing what insurers and other stakeholders are doing to implement the law.
Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data: 2012-2013 is written for managers of HMOs, PPOs, POS plans and PSOs, hospital managers, health system executives, group practice managers, managers of IDSs, insurance executives, employee benefits managers, consultants and attorneys. Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/health-plan-facts-trends-and-data for more information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars, and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.