Protect Your Bubble, a gadget, laptop and mobile insurance specialty provider, offers ten security tips for attendees to keep their tech essentials safe and protected.
ATLANTA, Ga. (PRWEB) August 29, 2012
As summer weather cools down, conference and trade show season is heating up. Thousands of business travelers across the country are gearing up for a busy events schedule as they descend upon crowded hotel, exhibition, and convention center venues. Along with comfortable shoes, company collateral and business cards, they’ll be bringing along personal tech gadgets such as laptops, tablets, smartphones, cameras, e-readers, and accessories.
Being productive while away from the office is essential and often requires bringing these devices and gadgets to work virtually. In addition, trade show and conference meeting planners encourage attendee engagement by live blogging, tweeting, sharing photos, and video recording sessions. In spite of the benefits that come from traveling with tech gear, keeping gadgets safe and secure before, during and after can be a challenge.
Trade show and conference attendees often let their guards down as they mingle, network and socialize with clients, vendors, colleagues and prospects. That makes trade show and conference season a prime time to lose gadgets. Protect Your Bubble, a gadget, laptop and mobile insurance specialty provider, offers ten security tips for attendees to keep their tech essentials safe and protected:
1. Never leave valuables in open unguarded locations such as at a trade show booth after hours or a meeting room between sessions.
2. Put a Do Not Disturb sign on your hotel door to deter intruders and unwelcome guests.
3. Don’t be lulled into a false sense of security by the security guards at the venue. Their job is to insure the safety and legitimacy of attendees, not of your personal belongings.
4. Always secure gadgets in the hotel safe or your room safe—not in a hotel baggage store room.
5. Ensure your data is backed up to the cloud or to an external hard drive before you leave.
6. Encrypt your data so in the event of theft your sensitive information is safe.
7. Invest in affordable gadget and mobile insurance so you can replace your device quickly in the event of loss.
8. Be vigilant and always do a sweep of the hotel room, backseat of the cab, and airport security screening areas to make sure you have all of your belongings.
9. Downplay the presence of your devices by carrying them in non-traditional laptop bags and cases.
10. Take off your conference badge or name tag outside of the venue so thieves won’t mistake you for an easy mark.
When it comes to your digital life, adopting a little paranoia can be a good thing for conference goers and business travelers this season.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and routine wellness visits. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only needs to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit ProtectYourBubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA