Houston, TX (PRWEB) August 28, 2012
Athens Group has published its fourth annual international benchmarking report on control systems software-related non-productive time (NPT) in the oil & gas industry. The report, subtitled Focus on Metrics, is based on the results of Athens Group’s annual industry surveys.
Highlights from the Focus on Metrics report include:
- Lack of the right skill set in-house was this year’s highest-ranked organizational barrier to reducing control systems-related NPT
- Hardware integration-related NPT has decreased somewhat; however, 84% of respondents said that hardware integration issues still account for up to 40% of NPT
- Respondents report that in 2011, actual NPT on high-specification offshore assets was still 88 – 127% higher than the reported acceptable rate, depending on the age of the rig
Athens Group’s annual NPT surveys are designed to help the oil & gas industry identify:
- Costs and causes of control systems software-related NPT and safety incidents
- Opportunities for, and barriers to, reducing NPT at the company level
Download the free report at: http://www.athensgroup.com.
The second report in this series will be released in September. If you would like to be notified when it’s available, please email info (at) athensgroup (dot) com.
About Athens Group
The high rate of non-productive time (NPT) and project delays on today’s highly-automated offshore assets is unacceptable! From topsides to subsea, we ensure that your integrated systems are effectively designed, developed and tested, and remain compliant with your performance, reliability, and safety requirements. Our technology assurance services were developed specifically for high-specification drilling and production assets, and are tailored for each phase of the asset lifecycle. Athens Group has more expertise with integrated systems than any other vendor. Our Proven PracticesSM Methodology; control system, network topology, mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical experience; and vendor equipment experience speed risk assessment and mitigation. This is why the cost ratio of our services to NPT savings typically exceeds 1:100. Our customers, industry-leading companies such as Anadarko, BP, Chevron, Eni, ExxonMobil, Maersk, Marathon, Noble Drilling, Pacific Drilling, Shell, Stena Drilling, Total and Transocean, just to name a few, are all referenceable.