New York, New York (PRWEB) August 27, 2012
As industry continues to grapple with the technology challenges of managing Big Data, a clear approach for ways to derive business value and benefits from it are still emerging. To address the deeper business ramifications of Big Data, Knowledgent, a leading industry information consultancy focused on maximizing the value of information to empower clients with actionable business insights, has announced that it will host an expert panel discussion and solutions exhibit event on November 1st at 3PM at the Hyatt Regency Jersey City.
The event, The Business of Big Data: Maximizing the Value of Information, will help C-level, vice president and director-level managers who are thinking of implementing Big Data programs and solutions, no matter where they are in the process, better understand three key areas: Big Value from Big Data, Big Data best practices, and Industrializing Big Data.
“The marketplace discussion around Big Data has largely centered on the challenges it has posed from an IT system and data management perspective”, said Shail Jain, Co-CEO and Co-President of Knowledgent. “While those challenges remain very real to organizations across industries and particularly data-heavy sectors like health and life sciences and financial services, new approaches for using it as a business growth tool are starting to emerge. We are hosting this event to bring leading ideas and practices forward to generate a fruitful dialogue.”
Moderated by Knowledgent’s Chief Informationist, Dave Schuette, the panel discussion will be comprised of a range of Big Data expert industry analysts, Chief Data Officers and thought leaders, including:
- Robin Bloor, Founder of Bloor Research, one of Europe's leading independent IT research, analysis and consultancy organizations.
- Mike Lang, CEO of Revelytix, a provider of semantic-based analytical tools capable of operating over vastly distributed enterprise data stores with ease.
- Matt Pfeil, Co-founder of DataStax, which offers products and services based on the popular open-source database, Apache Cassandra™, which solve today’s most challenging big data problems
- Julie Locker, Vice President Product Marketing ILM, Informatica, which provides data integration software and services that enable organizations to gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy.
- Chief Data Officer, Large Connecticut-based Hedge Fund
The Business Of Big Data Summit will also include Knowledgent’s Alliance Partners showcasing their offerings in a Big Data Pavilion, and employing use cases as a best-practice for deriving business value from information (see full program agenda at http://knowledgent.com/big-data-summit .
For more information on how to register for this free event, or if you are interested in exhibiting, please contact Leslie Arturi at leslie(at)arturi(at)knowledgent or 646-398-5170.