Whether you choose convenient, easy-to-use pool closing kits or a host of individual products to get your pool through the cold winter months, taking the time to do it right will save time and money on extra maintenance when opening the pool next spring.
Lawrenceville, GA (PRWEB) August 28, 2012
Labor Day weekend marks the official end of summer, and that means it's time to start thinking about how to close your pool for the winter and avoid any unpleasant surprises next spring.
Whether you choose convenient, easy-to-use pool closing kits or a host of individual products to get your pool through the cold winter months, taking the time to do it right will protect pool surfaces, inhibit growth of bacteria and algae over the winter, protect equipment from freeze damage, and save time and money on extra maintenance when opening the pool next spring.
The following are nine simple pool closing tips from the pool care experts at BioGuard:
1. Begin closing your pool once water temperature is below 65 degrees
2. Completely balance pool water
3. Brush and vacuum the pool, removing all debris
4. Clean the water line and inside the skimmer
5. Chemically clean the filter. This will extend the life of the filter and make for greater filtration efficiency in the spring.
6. Add shock to the water to oxidize and clarify
7. Add algae protector
8. Run the pump for 24-48 hours
9. Follow recommended water draining and covering procedures appropriate for the weather conditions in your area
Pool care retailers offer products and systems that make caring for the pool a snap. Consult a pool care professional for expert advice. For more information on the effective use of pool and spa products and to locate a BioGuard dealer, visit http://www.bioguard.com.
Based in Lawrenceville, Ga., BioLab, A Chemtura Company, supplies water treatment products for recreational applications on a global basis and specialty household consumer products in the U.S. BioGuard is a BioLab brand recognized as one of the nation’s premier suppliers of pool and spa products.