An Assisted Living Short Stay is an excellent way to "test drive" the housing and lifestyle option assisted living provides.
Quincy, Massachusetts (PRWEB) August 29, 2012
Allerton House Assisted Living Communities in Massachusetts are offering a 2-for-1 Special until August 31, 2012 based on apartment availability.The promotion allows an individual to stay in a furnished assisted living apartment for two full weeks, but only pay for one week.When a senior on the South Shore of Massachusetts moves into an assisted living community for a pre-determined period of time on a temporary basis it is known as an Assisted Living Trial Stay, or Short Stay or Respite.
Short Stay residents generally have access to the same care, services, amenities, programs and social opportunities available to full-time residents of Allerton House Assisted Living Communities along the South Shore of Massachusetts. Welch Healthcare & Retirement Group’s Allerton House Assisted Living Communities offer five residences along the Massachusetts South Shore in Duxbury, Hingham, Marshfield, Quincy and Weymouth.
An Assisted Living Short Stay is an excellent way for older adults and their families to “test drive” the housing and lifestyle option assisted living provides. Short stays often are an easy way to transition from living in a large house that may seem empty and unwieldy to manage once children are grown and move out. Staying for a few weeks or a few months in assisted living at an Allerton House can be advantageous for individuals and their loved ones who find themselves in a variety of different situations. For example:
- When a senior has been released from a hospital or rehabilitation center, but is not yet ready to return home.
- When adult caregivers are out of town for business or a vacation.
- When a senior wants to learn about assisted living first-hand, but is not ready to make a long-term commitment.
- When adult caregivers need a break from the responsibilities of caring for a loved one 24/7.
Q: What should adult caregivers know before making a commitment for a loved one’s Short Stay?
A: First and foremost, seniors’ family members want to know they can rest assured that their loved one’s safety, security and happiness are number one priorities. Assisted living at Welch Healthcare & Retirement Group’s Allerton House offers:
- A warm, inviting, home-like environment
- A caring staff, available 24 hours a day
- Assistance whenever it is needed with tasks such as medical appointment scheduling and transportation, medication management, dressing, grooming or simply someone to listen
- A wide selection of nutritious and delicious meal options served in settings such as fine dining rooms and country kitchens
- The privacy of one’s own apartment
- A wealth of fun and interesting programs and activities, participation in which enhances physical and emotional well-being
Q: What happens when a Short Stay is over?
A: At the end of a Short Stay, seniors have gained an in-depth understanding of all that assisted living has to offer. Many Short Stay residents and their families become permanent residents of an Allerton House Assisted Living Community. To learn more about Welch Healthcare & Retirement Group's Summer 2012 Short Stay Special, visit the Allerton House of your choice at http://www.welchhrg.com/allertonhouse.