Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) August 28, 2012
Telligent, a leader in social software for the enterprise, today announced strong business results for its fiscal year ended July 31, 2012. The growth was driven by strategic acquisition, key platform integrations, international growth and commitment to customer excellence.
“Telligent had an incredible 2012 fiscal year that celebrated several firsts,” said Patrick Brandt, CEO of Telligent. “Key partnerships drove expansion into new markets throughout Asia Pacific, the acquisition of Leverage Software delivered new deployment options for our customers in the cloud, and advancements to our enterprise social platform solidified Telligent’s position not only as a pioneer but as a leader in a market that’s achieved mainstream acceptance.”
Telligent achieved another notable milestone with its inaugural The Big Social user group conference. The event, created for customers by customers, featured guest speakers from global brands such as Dell, Microsoft, GameStop and Psion.
Fiscal Year 2012 Customer Highlights
- Entered into new customer relationships including Rackspace, Compassion International, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Oxfam, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, BAI, Conisus, Omnicell, Focus on the Family, Trivantis Corporation (Lectora), Reed Business Information, Baptie & Company and CareFusion.
- Cultivated relationships with existing customers including TSL Education, Microsoft, Cox Communications, Promethean, Lamps Plus, CORE4 Research, Apptio, ConnectWise, Sundhed.dk, Accela, American Institute of CPAs, Hitched, Titleist, Hyland Software, Sitecore and TechSoup Global.
- Celebrated five customers recognized as Constellation Research SuperNova Award Semifinalists: CORE4 Research, API Healthcare, Psion, Texas Instruments and AICPA.
Product and Platform Updates
Telligent enhanced its enterprise social platform with new features that allow customers to create exceptional social experiences for their customers, partners and employees. Advancements included social search and content discovery, native social integration, interactive profiles and avatars, smart content recommendations, social calendaring and mobile communities.
Telligent announced its acquisition of San Francisco-based Leverage Software, a leader in enterprise social networking. Leverage accelerates Telligent’s strategy and product offering with its cloud-based platform, people-centric design and mobile capabilities.
Telligent also announced integrations with key business applications, adding to the growing ecosystem of partners that integrate with and build on top of Telligent’s enterprise social platform:
- Telligent Social Suite for SharePoint combines Telligent Community with SharePoint for Internet Sites and FAST for SharePoint to enable SharePoint customers with simple solutions for social support, social marketing and social partner engagement.
- Telligent Connect for Sitecore integrates Web Content Management (WCM) and Telligent Community. The integration adds a collection of social widgets that surface social content from Telligent Community into a Sitecore site, providing a social customer experience that showcases user generated content, spreads word of mouth and builds greater engagement.
- Sitecore Community Solution Accelerator, by Sitecore, integrates select Telligent social media applications such as blogs, forums and microblogging into a Sitecore site. This easy integration of social media applications into the web experience broadens reach to existing customers and puts the brand in front of potential new customers.
Telligent was recognized by leading industry analysts and media as a leader:
- Telligent won the 2012 Microsoft Digital Marketing Partner of the Year Award. The company was honored among a global field of top Microsoft partners for demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of customer solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- Founder and CTO Rob Howard was named a finalist by the Metroplex Technology Business Council (MTBC) in the Chief Technology Officer category as part of the 12th Annual Tech Titans Awards.
- CFO Kristin Reichert was named a finalist by D CEO magazine in its Financial Executive Awards, a recognition of the Dallas area’s top corporate finance pros.
- Telligent was positioned as a Visionary in three Magic Quadrants from Gartner related to community software, including the “Magic Quadrant for Social Software in the Workplace (1),” “Magic Quadrant for Externally Facing Social Software (2)” and “Magic Quadrant for Social CRM (3)”.
- Forrester Research recognized Telligent as a Leader in its “The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Social Platforms, Q3 2011” report.(4)
Telligent expanded its strategy, support, marketing, product development and leadership team. The company added Rob Clyde, CEO of Adaptive Computing, to its board and made several executive appointments including Cecilia Edwards as Chief Strategy Officer, John Rabara as Senior Vice President of Customer Care, Megan Yunker as Vice President of Marketing, Michael Cupps as Vice President of Americas Sales and Scott Kirkland as Vice President of Product Management.
Fiscal Year 2013 Outlook
Telligent anticipates growth to remain strong and expects to achieve sustained profitability in the second half of its fiscal year 2013, projecting growth from its newly available cloud product offering along with increased sales of its existing product portfolio based on the Telligent Evolution enterprise social platform. Telligent will release new versions of its flagship applications, Telligent Community and Telligent Enterprise, in September 2012 along with expanded integration for Microsoft SharePoint. The company will also announce a new community analytics offering and integration with Salesforce.com.
The Big Social user group conference is returning to Dallas, TX September 17-19, 2012. Attendees receive an all-access pass to training, strategy, and upgrade workshops; incredible keynote presentations by football legend, Roger Staubach, and Rackspace CEO, Lanham Napier; enterprise social strategy discussions with guest analyst Rob Koplowitz of Forrester Research, Inc.; as well as business and technical sessions featuring more than 30 customer speakers including leaders from Investec, Microsoft, Emerson, Dell, Oxfam, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Verizon and more.
(1) Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for Social Software in the Workplace’” by Nikos Drakos, et al. August 25, 2011
(2) Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for Externally Facing Social Software” by Jeffrey Mann, et al. August 25, 2011
(3) Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for Social CRM” by Adam Sarner, et al. July 25, 2011
(4) The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Social Platforms, Q3 2011, Forrester Research, Inc., August 24, 2011
Telligent powers online communities and enterprise social networks that are essential to business. Global brands including Cadbury, Dell, Investec, Microsoft, Oxfam, Rackspace, Sitecore and Susan G. Komen for the Cure trust Telligent to transform their business with social. Telligent software helps companies empower their customers, employees and partners with social collaboration tools that drive real business value: higher sales, lower costs and bigger ideas. Our commitment to customer excellence is matched only by our dedication to community service, a people-first philosophy that defines our brand promise. For more information, visit Telligent.com or connect with us on Twitter and Facebook.
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Product or service names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.