Those who sit for several hours a day can have more than double the rate of cardio-vascular disease.
Nashville, TN (PRWEB) August 29, 2012
New standing desk company UpDesk has vowed to reinvent the working environment for the millions of people who work at a desk daily. Anyone sitting at a desk for 8 or more hours straight, for 5+ days a week, for 1 or more consecutive years need to hear this message. Office workers, reporters and full-time bloggers over 25 years of age are especially vulnerable.
UpDesk believes prevention is critical and that the disease may be avoided by joining the standing desk revolution.
Studies have stacked up saying that sitting for hours a day is not good for health, even for otherwise healthy people. According to research study from the Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Louisiana, eating well and exercising is not enough to prevent a higher risk of heart attacks. Those who sit for several hours a day can have more than double the rate of cardio-vascular disease.
In a study that tracked 17,000 Canadians for over 12 years, researchers found that those who sat for most of the day were 54% more likely to die of heart attacks. If that’s not convincing, here are:
Top 5 Reasons to Get an UpDesk:
1. UpDesk is priced affordably: Many adjustable height desks are well over $1,000. UpDesks start at $649.
2. Ergonomics: UpDesk desktops are designed with a curve in the front so not only does it look better, but they have a "cockpit" feel for better reach.
3. Easy setup: Many desks are difficult to assemble but the UpDesk can be set up in about a half hour by just one person. UpDesk’s YouTube channel has a video guide with step by step instructions.
4. Manual option: There aren't many large desks available in a manual crank option, but UpDesk offers it. The manual crank desks come in two sizes and are an affordable alternative without losing the benefits of an UpDesk.
5. Versatility: Can’t stand all day? With the push of a button or the turn of a handle, UpDesk can be raised and lowered at will to suit your immediate needs.
UpDesk was recently featured on the Just Talking podcast after Host Chris Snider tweeted about joining the standing desk revolution: "About four months ago I created a make-shift standing desk at my job. Naturally I told Twitter about my joining the standing desk revolution. This tweet earned a virtual fist bump from a company called UpDesk based in Nashville, Tennessee. The person behind that tweet is Kamron Kunce, UpDesk's Director of Social Media. We spend the hour talking about the standing desk revolution, the growing technology sector in the middle of the country, and his approach to community outreach. Enjoy.”
For more information about the standing desk revolution, company spokespeople, including Kamron are available for interviews.
The UpDesk is an electric or manual height adjustable desk that can raise or lower at the push of a button. It’s also a smart desk that has three preset settings so you can program your preferred heights for sitting or standing.
UpDesk is a new company with a long history in healthcare. Our parent company has been making desks and other supplies for the healthcare industry for 40 years. We reinvented some of our products to help a lot more people stand up and in the process become healthier and more productive.
We want to reinvent the working environment for the millions of people who currently sit at a desk daily. We’re literally sitting ourselves to death and transferring several of those sitting hours to standing hours helps productivity and overall health. Our mission is to help people to raise their standards...one desk at a time.