Travel protection insurance brand, ProtectYourBubble.com has compiled a checklist for citizens in preparation for the storm
ATLANTA, Ga. (PRWEB) August 28, 2012
Most folks who live on or near the gulf coast are very familiar with the threat of hurricanes this time each year. For those who have been watching the headlines, Hurricane Isaac poses a threat to sections of the Gulf Coast. It’s imperative that those in the area are prepared for what lies ahead.
Travel protection insurance brand, ProtectYourBubble.com has compiled a checklist for citizens in preparation for the storm (Source: Ready.gov):
- Create an emergency kit which includes non-perishable food, lots of water and other necessary supplies (medicine, prescriptions, first aid kit, batteries).
- Everyone should know their surroundings.
- Know whether flooding is a risk for one’s area. If so, folks should make plans to stay in higher elevated areas.
- Learn community hurricane evacuation routes and how to find higher ground.
- Cover all of windows of the home.
- Install straps or additional clips to securely fasten the roof to the frame structure.
- Be sure trees and shrubs around the home are well trimmed so they are more wind resistant.
- Clear loose and clogged rain gutters and downspouts.
- Reinforce your garage doors; if wind enters a garage it can cause dangerous and expensive structural damage.
- Plan to bring in all outdoor furniture, decorations, garbage cans and anything else that is not tied down.
- Install a generator for emergencies.
- Listen to the radio or TV for information.
- Turn off propane tanks
- Fill the bathtub and other larger containers with water.
- Stay indoors during the hurricane and away from windows and glass doors.
- Close all interior doors – secure and brace external doors.
- Take refuge in a small interior room, closet or hallway on the lowest level.
- Lie on the floor under a table or another sturdy object.
- Avoid elevators.
- Always stay alert and aware of what’s going on.
What about vacationers? Before booking expensive getaways, consumers should visit ProtectYourBubble.com for a quick two minute quote.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Travel- Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit ProtectYourBubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA