(PRWEB UK) 31 August 2012
Norland Managed Services is in the running for another prestigious industry award for its initiative to extend health, safety and environmental best practice throughout its facilities management supply chain. The programme, called Managing Risk: a Joint Responsibility, has been shortlisted for the 2012 CIR Magazine awards - run by the trade publication Continuity Insurance and Risk in association with the Institute of Occupational Risk and the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management.
The programme, which has been rolled out across the UK and Ireland, extends Norland’s rigorous approach to health, safety and environmental management to include the company’s supply chain. A series of education initiatives, training and audits assist Norland’s supply chain partners in raising their own standards.
The program includes:
- full-day health, safety and environmental seminars
- topic-specific courses to raise awareness
- one-to-one consultation with members of the Norland QHSE team and industry experts
- access to specialist suppliers of protective equipment and tools
- A tool kit of materials including training and dynamic risk assessment
- behaviour-based observation
Norland’s contractors have positively supported the initiative and welcomed the opportunity to take part in its rigorous and practical approach.
Stephen Booker, QHSE Director at Norland said: “Our integrated approach to QHSE is as much about our supply chain as it is our own team. The supply chain goes through a robust selection process and we recognise that on going success is about continual improvement and working together to raise standards.
"I believe that recognition through industry awards will make others more aware of the benefits of working collaboratively to raise standards across the facilities management sector.”
The new CIR shortlisting follows Norland’s confirmation as a finalist for the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health awards earlier this month.
The winners of all the CIR awards will be revealed and presented with their trophies at the awards ceremony at the Lancaster London hotel on 14 November 2012.
-------------------------------------------------- ends -----------------------------------------------
About Norland Managed Services
- Norland Managed Services is one of the UK’s fastest growing providers of facilities management and support services with revenues in excess of £300 million
- The company operates from a strategic network of regional offices throughout the UK, Ireland, Europe and the US
- A dedicated team of highly trained and experienced staff maintain and enhance the capital assets of major national and global businesses. These range from single floors in multi-occupied buildings to substantial property estates and large stadia
- Since its formation in 1984, Norland has achieved consistent annual growth, its success being built on high levels of customer service and a major focus on people and technical skills
- Norland is a 2012 CIBSE Award winner for “Training for Building Performance”, and a 2011 Green Apple Award winner for “Property Management - Energy Reduction”
- Norland is ranked 141st on the Sunday Times HSBC Top Track 250 league table, which ranks Britain’s leading mid-market private companies with the biggest sales - leaping 48 places from 189th place last year.
- For more information about Norland, please visit http://www.norlandmanagedservices.co.uk
For further information please contact:
Group Marketing Manager,
+44 (0)207 871 9306