About 9,000 children die from preventable injuries each year. About 45% of those unintentional injury deaths occurred in and around the home.
Heathrow, Florida (PRWEB) August 29, 2012
Florida insurance agency, HIG Insurance Group, recognizes the month of September as National Baby Safety Month by providing valuable child safety tips for preventing child injuries and possible liabilities and home insurance claims should a visitor’s child or infant get injured in a Florida resident’s home.
According to recent statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about 9,000 children die from preventable injuries each year. About 45% of those unintentional injury deaths occurred in and around the home, whether caused by fire, suffocation, drowning, firearms, falls, choking or poisoning. With such alarming statistics, the HIG Insurance Group has decided to bring awareness to the issue. In honor of National Baby Safety Month, the agency has put together a list of child safety tips to keep in mind when expecting visitors with infants and children:
- Keep all cleaning chemicals and toxic items locked up and out of reach of children.
- Baby-proof homes with safety locks, baby gates, outlet protectors, etc.
- When expecting guests with infants or toddlers ensure all small items that could cause a choking hazard are picked up and put away.
- Never leave a babies or toddlers unattended in high chairs, or on couches, or on other types of high surfaces.
- Never leave animals and babies or toddlers together while unsupervised.
- Check all toys for sturdiness, cracks, sharp edges, etc.
- Ensure pools and trampolines are gated when visitors with small children arrive.
While accidents are preventable, that does not mean an accident won’t happen. HIG Insurance Group is dedicated to protecting the Florida community with reliable and affordable Florida home insurance for times like this. The agency encourages Florida residents to follow the advice listed above first and if an accident occurs, coverage will be there for an extra layer of liability protection.
About HIG Insurance Group:
With four convenient locations throughout the state, HIG Insurance Group is a full-service Florida insurance agency that has prioritized customer satisfaction since day one. We continue that today by helping individuals, families and businesses with risk management and, of course, insurance. Florida is our home and we believe we can strengthen our community with the services we offer. We take pride in creating long-standing relationships with each client who insurance with us.