New York (PRWEB) August 30, 2012
Today the Social Media Advertising Consortium (SMAC) announces a new Board of Directors and Leadership team, which includes representation from Fortune 500 brands, top agencies and social media industry partners. New SMAC board members include social media pacesetters and advertising thought leaders from Google/Google+, HBO, Mashable, PivotCon, Big Fuel, Digital Brand Architects, Resolution Media, an Omnicom Media Group Company, RGA, SocialChorus and Vitrue, an Oracle company.
The board of directors exists to ensure SMAC delivers on its mission to foster collaboration throughout the entire social media ecosystem by diving deep into critical issues, fostering innovation and helping evolve the industry at large. As social media evolves and continues to blur the lines among different media types, the new SMAC leadership team will release research and white papers on social media measurement and ROI and host social media events in a variety of cities centered around innovation, thought leadership and networking.
New members of the SMAC board of directors include:
- Joe Burton, President & COO, SocialChorus
- Reggie Bradford, SVP of Product Development at Oracle (founder and CEO of Vitrue)
- Sabrina Caluori, Vice President, Social Media & Performance Marketing, HBO
- Mike Edelhart, CEO, Pivotcon
- Sharon Feder, COO, Mashable
- Alan Osetek, President, Resolution Media, an Omnicom Media Group Company
- Karen Robinovitz, Co-Founder & CCO, Digital Brand Architects
- Avi Savar, Founder and CCO, Big Fuel
- Karen Spiegel, SVP & Managing Director of Communications/Marketing, RGA
- Rikard Steiber, Global Marketing Director, Mobile & Social Advertising, Google/Google+
“We are thrilled to round out the SMAC Board of Directors with such immense talent,” said Nichole Goodyear, Executive Director of SMAC. “The re-election of veteran board members along with the appointment of these new members supports SMAC’s commitment to leverage the top social media thought-leaders to drive business opportunities and evolve the social media industry to the next level.”
Veteran members reelected include:
- Stephanie Agresta, EVP & Managing Director of Social Media, Weber Shandwick
- Stuart Bogaty, CMO, YouBeauty.com
- Bonin Bough, VP of Global Media and Consumer Engagement, PepsiCo
- Carter Brokaw, Chief Revenue Officer, Slacker
- Tom Gerace, Founder, CEO & Director, Skyword
- Nichole Goodyear, Strategic Advisor Social Media
- Andy Markowitz, Director, Global Digital Strategy Group, GE
- Scott Monty, Global Digital & Multimedia Communications Manager, Ford Motor Company
- Leslie Reiser, Director of WW Digital Marketing, IBM General Business
- Ian Schafer, CEO & Founder, Deep Focus
- Shiv Singh, Head of Digital, PepsiCo
SMAC also named new officers, including appointing Andrew Markowitz of GE as Chairman of the Board. Social media veteran Nichole Goodyear was appointed as Executive Director; Stephanie Agresta of Weber Shandwick will serve as Director of Events; and Gina Garrubo of Hearst now holds the position of Director of Membership.
In addition, SMAC has launched a Social Media Innovation Series, holding events in various cities around the country such as Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York. Digital marketing and advertising professionals interested in learning more about SMAC can join members and peers at these events, which will explore emerging trends in the areas of influencer relationships, content marketing and the intersection of paid, owned and earned media. Each event features speakers from well-known brands, agencies, emerging technology and media companies. For more information about SMAC events please visit: http://www.SMAC.org.
Founded in 2009, SMAC members are groundbreakers, entrepreneurs and thought leaders in social media. This community fosters an environment of innovation and expertise in social media, with an emphasis on new business opportunities, knowledge and creating business relationships and helping to evolve the social media industry.