Enigma Verte Suisse has been launched to complement our existing French absinthes, Enigma verte and Enigma blanche. Our aim is to provide the on and off trade with the very best selection of premium absinthes.
Esher, Surrey (PRWEB UK) 31 August 2012
Liqueurs de France, the UK’s premier importer of absinthe, has added a premium Swiss absinthe to its successful Enigma brand range, Enigma Verte Suisse (Enigma VS). Enigma VS is produced in small batches at the artisanal distillery of Matter-Luginbühl in Switzerland. The distillery already produces several award winning absinthes and was a natural choice when Liqueurs de France decided to commission a Swiss absinthe to complement its two French absinthes, Enigma verte and Enigma blanche. The distillery still adheres to the craft principles and each bottle of Enigma Verte Suisse is labeled by hand.
Ian Hutton, Director of Liqueurs de France, Enigma’s brand owner said “Enigma Verte Suisse has been launched to complement our existing French absinthes, Enigma verte and Enigma blanche. Our aim is to provide the on and off trade with the very best selection of premium absinthes. Bars and retailers can be confident that if they select an Enigma absinthe they will be providing their customers with the finest hand crafted products.”
Enigma VS, which was awarded Silver at the 2012 London IWSC, is distilled from carefully selected plants including Artemisia absinthium, green anise and fennel. This absinthe will please those looking for a refined, elegant absinthe with plenty of wormwood flavour. It is a light peridot colour which louches to a light green with white and hints of blue. The louche grows at a steady pace with layering. The nose is clean and crisp with a light herbal character becoming evident as water is added. The first taste is of wormwood and mint followed by sweetish anise enclosing a strong herbal character. The finish is long with a lingering flavour of wormwood.
Liqueurs de France (LDF) are importers and distributors of absinthes from 11 distillers across 6 countries. Established in 2002, LDF were the first company to offer artisanal absinthes in the UK and now export globally to both consumers and international bar owners.
- 65% abv 70 cl and 20 cl formats
- Ingredients: grande and petite wormwood, green anise, sweet fennel, sandalwood, mint and hyssop
- Silver medal winner 2012 London International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Recommended retail price £54.99 inc VAT (70cl) and £21.99 inc VAT (20cl)
- Available off trade at Soho Wine Supplies, Percy Street, W1 (Central London distributor)
- Available on trade at Bar Nightjar, Old Street
- Colour: peridot green
- Aroma (before adding water): Fresh, herbal with hints of wormwood and mint
- Aroma (after adding water): Wormwood to the fore with hints of mint and sandalwood
- Louche: Classic and slow forming with a greenish tinge
- Flavour: Sweet anise and mint with a layer of wormwood; well balanced
- Finish: Long with mint and wormwood evident