“We’re honored that two different Rudi’s Organic products were recognized by Vegetarian Times and its readers as tasty options suitable for vegetarians and flexitarians who are looking for products made with only the best ingredients,” said Doug Radi
Boulder, Colo. (PRWEB) September 04, 2012
In a recent online poll determining top foods for vegetarians from Vegetarian Times, a magazine for the new generation of full-time vegetarians and flexitarians who are drawn to a health-conscious and eco-friendly lifestyle, Rudi's Organic Bakery Multigrain Wraps and 100% Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns were named winners of the 2012 Foodie Awards. The magazine nominated 83 products in 19 categories and asked readers to vote for their favorite products online. More than 100,000 votes were cast to determine the winners. The winning products can be found in the October 2012 issue of the magazine on newsstands now, and at vegetariantimes.com.
“We’re incredibly honored that two different Rudi’s Organic products were recognized by Vegetarian Times and its readers as tasty options suitable for vegetarians and flexitarians who are looking for products made with only the best ingredients,” said Doug Radi, senior vice president of marketing and sales for Rudi’s Organic Bakery. “Our 100% Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns and Multigrain Wraps are nutritious and delicious options the whole family will enjoy, and we are excited to be named among the winners.”
Made with organic ingredients you can recognize and pronounce, and filled to the brim with tastiness, Rudi’s Organic Multigrain Wraps and 100% Whole Wheat Buns are the perfect go-to food for tailgate BBQ’s, picnics and lunches, and add delicious taste to the main meal.
“Instead of bread products made from refined white flour, opt for Rudi’s 100% Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns hearty whole-grain superstars, sweetened lightly with brown sugar and molasses,” said Tammy Fertig, associate editor of Vegetarian Times. “Made with whole grains such as wheat, spelt, and millet, the tortilla wrap tastes wholesome and hearty without being too dense. The portion—a modest 150 calories per wrap—is the ideal size to fill you up without filling out.”
Rudi’s Organic Bakery was founded more than 35 years ago on the idea that there is a better, brighter way to make bread, leading the company to become a pioneer in the bread industry. Rudi’s Organic bakes bread without the use of artificial chemicals or preservatives, and nearly 20 years ago started using organic ingredients in its breads and baked goods. In addition to the 100% Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns and Multigrain Wraps, some of the most popular baked goods from Rudi’s Organic include:
- Rudi’s Organic Bakery Sandwich and Bagel Flatz (MSRP $4.59) – Introduced earlier in 2012, the new line of Flatz from Rudi’s Organic Bakery are baked on the light side to provide optimal nutrition and taste. All of the Flatz are 110 calories or less per serving, as well as 3-5 grams of fiber and 23-25 grams of whole grains (in the Sandwich Flatz and 100% Whole Wheat Bagel Flatz) per serving. Flatz are a perfect choice for lunch, from PB&Js to a layered turkey and cheese sandwich with veggies.
- Honey Sweet Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread (MSRP - $4.59) – A drop of golden honey goodness turns whole wheat into a treat in this sandwich bread. This family favorite is sure to please as the perfect top and bottom to any sandwich.
- Rudi’s Organic Bakery 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread (MSRP - $4.59) –The whole wheat flour and a hint of molasses found in this recipe is an old world tradition that is sure to become a family favorite.
- Whole Grain Wheat English Muffins (MSRP – $3.99) – These classic, hearty, organic and wholesome English muffins have a lovable sweet, nutty taste.
- Gluten-Free Tortillas (MSRP – $5.99) –From Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery, the tortillas are made with whole grain flours and have a soft, pliable texture, ready to be rolled into a delicious burrito or tasty sandwich wrap. Available in three, delicious flavors: Plain, Spinach and Fiesta.
About Rudi’s Organic Bakery, Inc.
Rudi’s Organic Bakery, Inc., has been passionate about baking better breads for families for more than 35years. Founded and headquartered in Boulder, Colo., Rudi’s Organic Bakery is the only nationally available brand offering a full line of nutritious and delicious, certified organic breads and baked goods. Rudi’s Organic is committed to baking breads using only the best organic ingredients and no artificial additives, preservatives or GMOs. In 2010, Rudi’s Organic leveraged this heritage to create Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery, a line of gluten-free breads and baked goods made with wholesome, all-natural ingredients so that each bite tastes like the real thing. Rudi’s Organic and Rudi’s Gluten-Free products are available nationally at natural foods stores and select mainstream supermarkets. For more information, visit rudisbakery.com.