Protect Your Bubble has a few tips to increase security and foil would-be attackers
ATLANTA, GA (PRWEB) September 04, 2012
Mobile devices are under increasing attack from hackers and people out to steal whatever they can. Protect Your Bubble has a few tips to increase security and foil would-be attackers:
1. Lock it. Most mobile devices can be password-locked. Use a password which has a combination of upper and lower case letters, symbols and numbers. Never use a birthday, pet’s name, address or other easy-to-find personal information. At the same time have an auto-destruct installed. Enter the password wrong a certain number of times and the phone automatically wipes all the information. All smartphone makers offer these apps.
2. Avoid questionable apps. Hackers are putting a virus, worm and Trojan horse code in apps these days. Download apps only from trusted sources and stores. Look for apps with many comments and user reviews as well.
3. Use antivirus software. In addition to blocking bad apps, the best software provides other security features. The antivirus software is getting better all the time.
4. Accept software patches. Mobile gadgets are just like computers in that software makers periodically release security patches. Check weekly for patches. iPhone users must plug in and update apps for security patches.
5. Backup. Install a backup app, also available from the phone manufacturer. This app takes information from a mobile device and sends it to a home computer. The backup is often part of the self-destruct software. Users who backup frequently are able to get their information into a new phone rapidly.
6. Don’t jailbreak. As tempting as it may sound to break a smartphone or other digital device, this significantly reduces the security because the device is no longer locked into a specific carrier. A jailbreak eliminates digital-rights management and the codes which a carrier uses to provide a level of protection beyond what the owner can do.
No matter how security-protected a mobile device is, software is not going to prevent theft, loss or damage. Protect Your Bubble offers protection against the physical threats to a mobile device, such as dropping it in a pool, leaving it in a restaurant and so forth. Visit Protect Your Bubble.com to learn about insurance for mobile gadgets, as well as extended warranties for rates and coverage for mobile devices, game consoles and other home gadgets.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and
travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and routine wellness visits. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only needs to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit ProtectYourBubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA