ATLANTA, GA (PRWEB) September 04, 2012
Mobile devices are under increasing attack from hackers and people out to steal whatever they can. Protect Your Bubble has a few tips to increase security and foil would-be attackers:
1. Lock it. Most mobile devices can be password-locked. Use a password which has a combination of upper and lower case letters, symbols and numbers. Never use a birthday, pet’s name, address or other easy-to-find personal information. At the same time have an auto-destruct installed. Enter the password wrong a certain number of times and the phone automatically wipes all the information. All smartphone makers offer these apps.
2. Avoid questionable apps. Hackers are putting a virus, worm and Trojan horse code in apps these days. Download apps only from trusted sources and stores. Look for apps with many comments and user reviews as well.
3. Use antivirus software. In addition to blocking bad apps, the best software provides other security features. The antivirus software is getting better all the time.
4. Accept software patches. Mobile gadgets are just like computers in that software makers periodically release security patches. Check weekly for patches. iPhone users must plug in and update apps for security patches.
5. Backup. Install a backup app, also available from the phone manufacturer. This app takes information from a mobile device and sends it to a home computer. The backup is often part of the self-destruct software. Users who backup frequently are able to get their information into a new phone rapidly.
6. Don’t jailbreak. As tempting as it may sound to break a smartphone or other digital device, this significantly reduces the security because the device is no longer locked into a specific carrier. A jailbreak eliminates digital-rights management and the codes which a carrier uses to provide a level of protection beyond what the owner can do.
No matter how security-protected a mobile device is, software is not going to prevent theft, loss or damage. Protect Your Bubble offers protection against the physical threats to a mobile device, such as dropping it in a pool, leaving it in a restaurant and so forth. Visit Protect Your Bubble.com to learn about insurance for mobile gadgets, as well as extended warranties for rates and coverage for mobile devices, game consoles and other home gadgets.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and
travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
Protect Your Bubble USA