Transform Your Home Décor From Summer To Fall With These Accessory Tips
Linly Designs Provides Tips To Update Any Home This Fall.
Highland Park, IL (PRWEB) September 04, 2012
With the summer months quickly drawing to a close, many are left wondering how to update their home décor and easily bring it into fall. Warm colors, thick fabrics and seasonal foliage are all staples when it comes to autumn décor, and what better way to incorporate them into your home than through accessories? Linly Designs Showroom Manager Jennifer Sterna has put together a list of accessories that can easily be transformed from summer to autumn with a few simple design tweaks.
Candles – Who doesn’t love the smell of pumpkin pie or apple cinnamon during the autumn months? Scented candles bring a much-needed autumn warmth into a home, and are the perfect accent for the “culinary-challenged” that are not able to cook up delicious fall scents on their own!
- Flowers – Typically seen as summer décor, floral arrangements can easily be transformed for autumn with a few simple tweaks. Adding browns, oranges, and burgundies to arrangements will bring a rustic feel to any home. Feathers, pumpkins, and gourds can also add texture while bringing something unexpected to the table.
- Throw Pillows – Autumn is the perfect time to replace any bright colors and lighter fabrics with earth tones and thicker, warmer fabrics. Pillows are the perfect accessory for autumn’s cool nights, and can easily introduce comfort into any space.
- Chandeliers – Update any simple chandelier with pops of foliage. Berry sprigs and branches can easily be intertwined to create a seasonal look. Change any bright bulbs to a lower wattage to bring in a warm autumn glow.
- Wreaths – Similar to floral arrangements, wreaths can easily be updated to incorporate seasonal foliage. Add seasonal berries, earth tones, even fall fabrics to set the tone for the season.
- Table Settings – When hosting a fall gathering, table settings are an important detail that often goes forgotten. Charger plates are an easy way to incorporate fall patterns and designs, and can add style to a simple table. Introduce autumn fabrics and tones through napkins and table cloths, and accent the table with a seasonal napkin rings.
- Runners – The runner is an extremely important design element that sets the tone for the rest of the home. Incorporate an autumn color scheme into the runner, while making sure the fabric is substantial enough to keep up with fall’s unpredictable weather.
ABOUT LINLY DESIGNS
Linly Designs offers a full range of interior design services and at-home and in-store consultations to create unique and personalized living spaces. Specializing in everything from custom window treatments to hand-picked fine furniture, Linly Designs creates a personal shopping experience exclusive to every client’s needs. Linly Designs’ exclusive feature, “Accessory Call®”, allows clients to experience the way their home would look with furniture, artwork and floral arrangements from Linly Designs. Linly Designs offers clients distinctive, timeless pieces that cannot be found anywhere else and is located at 445 W. Ogden Avenue in Clarendon Hills and 1766 Second St. in Highland Park. For more information, please visit http://www.LinlyDesigns.com.