Protect Your Bubble Announces Must-Have Tech for Today’s Traveler
A few things to make travel easier and more entertaining this fall.
ATLANTA, Ga. (PRWEB) September 06, 2012
Today’s traveler packs plenty of electronic gear when heading out. Protect Your Bubble offers a few gadgets on the “must-carry list” and a few items which will just make life on the road easier.
CAMERA. A good camera is essential for capturing memories. While a lot of devices and smartphones come with cameras, there’s just no substitute for a dedicated camera. The Canon PowerShot SX260 HS has an excellent zoom, image stabilization and can also shoot videos.
No matter what camera you carry, buy an extra battery or two and an extra SD card. Both are very light weight and will fit in a camera clutch bag. Batteries tend to die right when the moment is perfect. Having a backup at hand means that perfect moment won’t get away. SD card images can be transferred to a tablet or emailed to the cloud, but SD cards don’t last forever.
- TABLET. The introduction of the iPad spurred a revolution in computers as other makes came out with tablet devices. Applications can be downloaded to a tablet to keep children occupied on long car rides. With an Internet connection, a tablet can be used to check emails and upload video and pictures to the cloud for later use. Many now come with very good cameras as well.
- LAPTOP. More powerful than a tablet and with more memory and storage, a laptop may be a bit bulky for some trips, but a necessary item for other trips. Since most laptops now come with built-in webcams, the computer and WiFi or wireless internet connection will let a user call home at no charge or for a minimal Internet cafe charge. A netbook, weighing less than 2.2 pounds and less than 10 inches across takes up less space than full-sized laptop but provides all the capabilities.
- SMARTPHONE. A good smartphone can service as both a communications device and an Internet hub. It can also serve as backup camera and provide access to the internet. As roaming charges may apply to international travelers, considering renting a cell phone in other countries. Be sure to take both a wall charger and vehicle charger.
- POWER. An all-in-one plug adapter like the iGo Dual USB Charger and World Adapter will tap into the electrical power of any country in the world and convert it to whatever is needed to recharge and power various electronic devices. The i.Sound Portable Power Max will charge up to five USB devices at one time. Since it is battery powered, no plug is needed.
Some other small items which are handy on trips are:
- USB light. Plugs into a USB port and provides enough light to read by.
- Microfiber cloth. Good for cleaning glasses, camera lenses and screens.
- USB drive. A portable backup that is pretty tough too.
Once the gadgets are selected and packed for the trip, think about what might happen to them on the trip. Lost, stolen or broker doesn’t matter, Protect Your Bubble has mobile gadget insurance covers the devices. Visit ProtectYourBubble.com for a quick quote before traveling.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and routine wellness visits. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only needs to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com
for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA