Managing Director, Ben Austin, explains the importance of sufficient and engaging content in achieving online success
(PRWEB UK) 3 September 2012
Managing Director, Ben Austin, explains the importance of sufficient and engaging content in achieving online success.
“Google is constantly adjusting its ranking algorithms, and content is continually emerging as an important factor so it is imperative to make sure you have plenty within your site. However, it is just as important to write your text for your human visitors and in order to make this as successful as possible there are a number of guidelines to follow”, explains Ben.
- Undertake the necessary research. Before someone tackling their own on-page content even thinks about beginning, they should thoroughly research their market and be aware of any changes or developments within the sector they work in. This could include any market trends or studies.
- Take a look at your competitors. In order to achieve first page results it is necessary to take a look at those already occupying these positions to gain an understanding of what needs to be done to overtake them. Taking a look at the sites around you will also allow you to see what works well and what doesn’t and identify the best strategy.
- Write for your audience. Probably the most obvious advice but some that is often overlooked, it really is imperative to write with your own consumer base in mind. Too many site owners make the mistake of writing to impress their competitors rather than their potential customers, but writing something that strikes a chord with the latter is the best way to drive up conversion rates.
- Get to the point. Internet users have the advantage of access to a whole host of other material at the click of a button so it is vital to capture their attention within the opening sentences. Even if you have something really worthwhile sharing, people won’t hang around long enough to hear it if they’re not inspired from the start.
- Pick an angle. In order to make your content stand out from the masses that are already present within the web, it can prove really effective to comment on current news or something recent which is likely to spark a reaction within your audience.
SEO.org.uk was established in Chelmsford, Essex with the aim of bringing effective yet affordable online marketing services to companies from all industries and backgrounds. The company offers a huge range of services including search engine optimisation, Pay Per Click account management, copywriting services and website design.