(PRWEB UK) 5 September 2012
Norland, one of the UK’s fastest growing facilities management providers, has been appointed by the NEC Group for building and facilities management services. The £multimillion contract encompasses the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) in Birmingham; the International Convention Centre (the ICC); the LG Arena and the National Indoor Arena (the NIA) and includes planned and reactive mechanical, electrical and building fabric maintenance as well as post-room services.
The NEC Group is the Birmingham and Solihull based operator of four of the country’s leading exhibition and live events venues which, between them, welcome in around 3.5 million visitors to over 700 events annually.
Brian Pell, Director of Operations, NEC Group said: “Norland clearly understands it’s all about the customer experience which reflects our own philosophy of Bringing Live to Life for our visitors. Their obvious commitment, technical ability and partnering approach have been apparent throughout the mobilisation period. We wanted to find an organisation whose level of expertise in their field matches our own in events to ensure our customers’ experience is enhanced even further, and Norland certainly provide this.”
Norland’s contract covers the building management systems, combustion and refrigeration, escalators, public address systems, CCTV, radio and fire systems, water treatment, lifts and catering equipment as well as a range of ancillary exhibition services. Norland are self-delivering much of the contract which has allowed the NEC Group to consolidate the number of suppliers and reduce spend. A full-time, site-based account director gives total executive ownership across the contract into which report venue-specific account managers, the dedicated site-based teams as well as a set of core specialists.
Teams work to a mix of shift patterns to provide flexible and comprehensive cover. Norland’s labour loading analysis designed the team structure to meet the individual requirements of each of the four venues. This delivery method also created the necessary local empowerment for swift decision-making by accountable, customer-focused staff. Norland’s energy engineers support the contract with energy management plans and healthcare checks for each venue.
Kevin Lynn, Managing Director of Norland’s Corporate Services Division said: “No two days are the same at the NEC. It’s very exciting to be supporting such wonderful venues and to be part of such an amazing team”.
About Norland Managed Services
- Norland Managed Services is one of the UK’s fastest growing providers of facilities management and support services with revenues in excess of £300 million
- The company operates from a strategic network of regional offices throughout the UK, Ireland, Europe and the US
- A dedicated team of highly trained and experienced staff maintain and enhance the capital assets of major national and global businesses. These range from single floors in multi-occupied buildings to substantial property estates and large stadia
- Since its formation in 1984, Norland has achieved consistent annual growth, its success being built on high levels of customer service and a major focus on people and technical skills
- Norland is a 2012 CIBSE Award winner for “Training for Building Performance”, and a 2011 Green Apple Award winner for “Property Management - Energy Reduction”
- Norland is ranked 141st on the Sunday Times HSBC Top Track 250 league table, which ranks Britain’s leading mid-market private companies with the biggest sales - leaping 48 places from 189th place last year.
- For more information about Norland, please visit http://www.norlandmanagedservices.co.uk
For further information please contact:
Group Marketing Manager,
+44 (0)207 871 9306
For all NEC press enquiries, please contact:
James Puxty/ Stella Pitt
Head of Communications/ Corporate Media Relations Executive
0121 767 3566 or james.puxty(at)necgroup(dot)co(dot)uk/ stella.pitt(at)necgroup(dot)co(dot)uk
Visit the NEC online:
http://www.thenec.co.uk and find out what’s on at http://www.thenec.co.uk/whatson
Follow the NEC on LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/the-nec-birmingham
The NEC occupies a 610 acre site in the borough of Solihull, just eight miles from Birmingham City Centre and offers unrivalled flexibility across more than 186,000 square metres of covered exhibition space through 20 interconnecting halls, around 167 acres of hard standing and 75 acres of woodland.
Welcoming around 2.1 million visitors each year, to a diverse range of around 138 trade and consumer events, the venue couldn’t be better placed with complete connectivity to the national transport infrastructure – including direct access to the UK motorway network and a physical connection to Birmingham International Airport and railway station.
The NEC sits within a two hour drive time of almost 40 per cent of the UK’s population, and with approximately 80 per cent choosing to travel by car, the site, with 20,000 car parking spaces, is well equipped to accommodate those visitors.
As the NEC site’s masterplan continues to be progressed, the company welcomed news that its casino partner for the leisure and entertainment complex, Resorts World at the NEC, Genting UK was awarded the large casino licence. Subject to planning permission, the NEC looks forward to the opening around early 2014, which will make the site a 24/7 visitor destination.