(PRWEB) September 04, 2012
The “Le Dune” hotel, located on the Mediterranean Island of Sardinia, is currently the most expensive hotel in the world according to a recent survey from Luxury-Hotels.com. The survey compared luxury hotels across the globe and then ranked them based on their average rates for a standard double room this June to August 2012 summer season. As a result, the dollar figures behind the rankings reflect the minimum amount a visitor had to spend to stay at a particular hotel.
With an average rate of $2539 per night, “Le Dune,” which is situated in Santa Margherita di Pula, a seaside resort on the southern coast of Sardinia, is significantly more expensive than the runners up. Those second- and third-place finishers, the Royal Mansour in Marrakech, Morocco and the Hotel Pitrizza in Sardinia’s Porto Cervo, posted average room rates of $2060 and $2041, respectively.
In fact, three additional Sardinian hotels, for a total of five, landed in the Top 10: the Villa del Parco, the Hotel Cala di Volpe and the Hotel Romazzino. Although the Mediterranean dominated the Top 10, Asia made a showing as well. Its most expensive hotel, according to the survey, is the Amankora in Buhtan. At an average rate of $1910, the Amankora snagged the fifth most expensive slot. The Maia Luxury Resort in the Seychelles and two Australian resorts, the Southern Ocean Lodge and the Lizard Island, rounded out the Top 10.
Following are the 10 most expensive hotels in the world for the period spanning June through August 2012. The rates listed are based on the average price for a standard double room.
1. Le Dune, Forte Village Resort (Sardinia, Italy) $2539
2. Royal Mansour (Marrakech, Morocco) $2060
3. Hotel Pitrizza (Sardinia, Italy) $2041
4. Villa del Parco (Sardinia, Italy) $2031
5. Amankora (Paro, Bhutan) $1910
6. Hotel Cala di Volpe (Sardinia, Italy) $1904
7. Hotel Romazzino (Sardinia, Italy) $1850
8. Maia Luxury Resort and Spa (Anse Louis, Seychelles) $1692
9. Southern Ocean Lodge (Kangaroo Island, Australia) $1665
10. Lizard Island (Great Barrier Reef, Australia) $1651
For the full rankings of the survey, and for more information about its methodology, visit http://www.luxury-hotels.com/press/survey-2012.html
Press Contact: Barbara Adams, press (at) luxury-hotels (dot) com, Phone: 1-805-308-9660