Florence, KY (PRWEB) September 06, 2012
The BIS V Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) system from Balluff is founded on a new generation of RFID processors that maximize flexibility by providing a single device for both low frequency 125 KHz and high frequency 13.56 MHz read/write heads with an IO-Link master port. Combining up to four head capability on both frequencies with local analog, valve manifold or I/O access/control, provides a solution to many types of RFID applications. This can save time and cost using a single processor platform across the application installation base.
The BIS V RFID system offers a higher level of performance than other systems to solve today’s industrial track and trace applications. Designed to maximize performance while improving usability out on the line, the BIS V processor provides a functional display and LED’s making status and setup easier. And a USB service interface makes connection for setup to today’s PC’s simple. The BIS V offers these additional functions:
- Four asynchronous 125 KHz and 13.56 MHz read/write antenna channels
- LCD display with control buttons for setting and displaying the network address and data carrier/tags UID
- An integrated IO-Link master port for connecting discrete or analog I/O, or valve manifolds
- Industrial IP 65 rated metal housing for almost any application environment
- Intelligent power plug option for saving parameters on the device
- Flexible mounting options for hard-point or DIN rail
Typical applications include combining multiple read/write heads with local I/O in tracking and traceability of material or parts in assembly line work in progress (WIP) applications, and inter-logistics in automotive, industrial equipment, electronics, medical and packaging.
Click here to learn more about the new Balluff BIS V system.
Editors: Download the high resolution press image on Flickr
**See the new BIS V system at IMTS September 10-15. Visit Balluff at booth E-5741**