Myself and Hendy Ford are thrilled to be recognised for our dedication to working in partnership with Motability.
(PRWEB UK) 6 September 2012
Hendy Ford Fareham is celebrating their employee Steve French achieving a commended award for his work with Motability Operations, the company that manages the Motability Car Scheme and the Motability Powered Wheelchair and Scooter Scheme. The accolade is part of the annual Motability Supplier Awards, now in their seventh year.
Taking the commended status in the “Outstanding Customer Service” award, Steve French is recognised for his excellence, efficiency and innovation. In particular, Motability has focused the awards on those who deliver exceptional customer service.
Explaining the reasons for Steve French commended status, Mike Betts, chief executive, Motability Operations, said:
“Steve French received some very commendable comments from Motability customers. It was commented how he made them feel very special and took great care to help select the right car for the customer. It was also noted, he treated the customer normally and no different because they were a Motability customer. ”
The Motability Supplier Awards recognise the performance and consistent excellence across all the different disciplines involved in delivering both the Car Scheme and the Powered Wheelchair and Scooter Scheme. Ranging from car manufacturers, adaptation and conversion specialists to local dealers, who are the face of the Motability Scheme, all winners have delivered the highest standards.
As well as recognising business partners who work on the behind-the-scenes logistics of the Scheme, the Motability Supplier Awards also include a customer-nominated award for the best Motability Specialist. There were 14 award winners and several commendations in each category.
Celebrating their Motability Supplier Award commendation, Steve French said:
“I am exceptionally proud to be recognised with a commendation at the Motability Supplier Awards. The awards generate stiff competition, and Motability is renowned for its high standards. Myself and Hendy Ford are thrilled to be recognised for our dedication to working in partnership with Motability, and we look forward to continuing our award-recognised approach to business and customer service.”
Motability Operations manages the worry-free Motability Scheme for over 600,000 disabled people and their families. Anyone who receives the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement can exchange this monthly payment to lease a brand new car, scooter or powered wheelchair through the Motability Scheme.
For more information on Motability call 0800 093 1000 or visit motability.co.uk.
For more information on Hendy Ford or the Hendy Motability scheme please call 023 8027 1271 or visit http://www.hendy.co.uk
Information for editors – about Motability:
- Motability is the UK’s leading car scheme for disabled people. It provides affordable, convenient, worry-free motoring to 600,000 disabled customers and their families. Scooters and powered wheelchairs can also be leased through Motability.
- The Scheme is available to anyone who receives the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement. Customers simply transfer their mobility allowance to Motability to lease a car, scooter or powered wheelchair.
- Customer benefits for those leasing a car include a wide choice of cars, insurance for two named drivers, servicing and maintenance, full RAC breakdown assistance, tyre and windscreen replacement and 60,000 mileage allowance over three years. A range of popular car adaptations are also available at no additional cost.
- Customer benefits for those leasing a scooter or powered wheelchair include an affordable and wide range of choices, standard pricing nationwide, insurance, breakdown assistance, servicing, maintenance and repairs and tyre and battery replacement.
- A wide range of ‘green’ vehicles with emissions of 120 grams of CO2 per km or less, are available through Motability.
- The Scheme is directed and overseen by Motability, a national charity, which also provides financial assistance to customers, who would otherwise be unable to afford the mobility solution they need.
- Motability Operations is the not-for profit public company that operates the Motability Car Scheme and the Motability Powered Wheelchair and Scooter Scheme, under contract to Motability.
Information for editors – about Hendy Group
Hendy Group Ltd
Chandlers Ford Industrial Estate
Telephone: 023 8027 1271
Fax: 023 8062 7539
Hendy Group Ltd is a premier family motor group with in excess of 20 premises stretching across Southern England from Devon to West Sussex.
Hendy holds Ford, Mazda, Kia and Honda franchises, plus Ford and Iveco van and truck franchises. The company handles all aspects including sales, servicing, parts, hire, accident repairs and Rapid Fit centres. Specialist operations include Liquid Petroleum Gas conversions, engine dynamometer testing, fuel injection testing and repairs, as well as engine sales to the construction and marine industries.
Hendy was founded in 1852 and whilst having grown to a company of significant geographical and economic size, the Hendy Group remains a closely-knit family concern. Currently, both the Chairman and Deputy Chairman are great-grandsons of the company founder F.A. Hendy, with the next generation of sons and daughters within the company structure ensuring the continuity of the family business.
Throughout the company's history, the Hendy family can be said to have followed good business practice - grasping opportunities as they've appeared, reviewing operations in order to remain efficient and keeping up with manufacturers' changing demands. Above all, the Hendy family has always been careful to continue to meet the needs of customers, ensuring that they enjoy the best service and attention at all times.