(PRWEB) September 07, 2012
The latest StrutPatent.com report gives readers recent news about the top recipients of U.S. patents. The report provides information on the latest patents, including comparisons from the weeks prior and details about the assignees and inventors that received the most patents issued on September 4, 2012.
Total Patents Issued: 5,766
Top 10 Categories (categories with the most new patents issued):
- Physics - Computing; Calculating; Counting (967)
- Electricity - Electric Communication Technique (758)
- Electricity - Basic Electric Elements (470)
- Human Necessities - Medical Or Veterinary Science; Hygiene (460)
- Physics - Measuring; Testing (253)
- Electricity - Basic Electronic Circuitry (122)
- Chemistry; Metallurgy - Organic Chemistry (113)
- Mechanical Engineering; Lighting; Heating; Weapons; Blasting - Engineering Elements Or Units; General Measures For Producing And Maintaining Effective Functioning Of Machines Or Installations; Thermal Insulation In General (109)
- Physics - Optics (104)
- Physics - Information Storage (103)
Top 10 Inventors (inventors with the most new patents issued):
- Bin Li (29)
- Lowell L. Wood, Jr. (9)
- Edward K. Y. Jung (7)
- Eric C. Leuthardt (7)
- Clarence T. Tegreene (7)
- Scott T. Becker (6)
- Michael C. Smayling (6)
- Todd Huschka (6)
- Drago Garma (6)
- Dan Franklin Everson (6)
Top 10 Organizations / Assignees (organizations / assignees with the most new patents issued):
- International Business Machines Corporation (115)
- Canon Kabushiki Kaisha (72)
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (69)
- Panasonic Corporation (59)
- Sony Corporation (49)
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. (47)
- LG Electronics Inc. (43)
- Microsoft Corporation (42)
- Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. (41)
- FIH (Hong Kong) Limited (41)
Patents issued this week dropped slightly compared to the number of patents issued August 28, 2012 from a total of 5,773 new patents to 5,766. In the Top 10 categories list, lower totals across categories resulted in a lower cumulative total for the Top 10 list marking the biggest change for the week. The top 5 categories remained the same a the previous week. Two new categories entered the list this week - Mechanical Engineering: Lighting; Heating; Weapons; Blasting found its way into the list accompanied by Chemistry; Metallurgy category.
The assignees list had a number of changes with LG Electronics and Hewlett-Packard returning to the top 10. International Business Machines Corporation retook the top spot from Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. with the most patents for September 4, 2012.
Only three inventors remained on the list from last week, Bin Li easily held on to the top spot with 29 patents followed by Lowell L. Wood Jr., and Edward Jung.
To search for patents or learn more about Strut Patent, LLC, please visit: StrutPatent.com
StrutPatent.com, a patent search portal powered by Strut Patent, LLC, uses high quality data to provide inventors and businesses with the ability to quickly and easily research patents to find information on inventors and application specifics, obtain summaries of inventions and view drawings associated with a particular patent. StrutPatent.com features comprehensive, user-friendly patent search tools, weekly updates on newly issued patents, patent directories, information about patent applications, inventors, assignees, patent numbers, patents grants, patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and other services and resources.