This feature allows passengers to leave their laptop in the bag
Kent (PRWEB UK) 8 September 2012
Check-point luggage is designed to make any journey for a frequent flyer basically a quick route through the checkpoint. There are various titles given to describe this facility depending on the manufacturer but the customer can decipher quickly that it means check-point friendly.
This feature allows passengers to leave their laptop in the bag with a clear and unobstructed view for laptops to be scanned for any irregularities. The x-ray scan checks to see if any electronics have been tampered with, hence the reason behind having a very clear view of the laptop.
Features to look for when purchasing a check-point friendly bag and for putting through for scanning would be:-
- A separate compartment for the laptop where it is able to lay flat.
- In the laptop section , there should not be any metals elements like fasteners, zips, snaps or buckles
- There should not be pockets on the inside or outside of the laptop section
- There should only be the laptop in that specific compartment and nothing else like chargers, batteries, cords, pens etc.
- The bag must be packed appropriately for this to work successfully.
- The bag must be completely unfolded which allows the bag to flat on the x-ray belt.
However, having a check-point friendly bag never guarantees that laptops would definitely stay in the bag and TSA screeners may still ask for the laptop to be removed.
Please note the disclaimer from TSA:-
Given TSA's use of random screening protocols, TSA reserves the right to re-screen any bag or laptop regardless of the design of the bag.
Luggage Superstore established site is in West Kingsdown, Kent. Their aim is providing competitive prices of the highest quality luggage and top calibre Customer Service for online luggage shopping.