"Anyone looking to gain a better understanding of sound, how materials affect acoustic privacy, and the benefits and challenges related to green design, will benefit greatly from Linda's experience," says Thomas M. Simmons, LearnVirtual
Past News ReleasesRSS
Oakland, CA (PRWEB) September 06, 2012
LearnVirtual announces Acoustics in Architecture and Green Design, a new online training program taught by Linda A. Gedemer with Acentech. Ten classes will cover the fundamentals of sound and architectural acoustics, emerging applications for videoconferencing and distance learning, and how to integrate acoustics into sustainable design. Approved for AIA CES Learning Units (LU), individual courses run from September 18 through December 11, 2012.
“Linda brings a breadth of experience to designing for acoustics,” says Thomas M. Simmons, curriculum developer and founder of LearnVirtual. “Anyone looking to gain a better understanding of sound, how materials affect acoustic privacy, and the benefits and challenges related to green design, will benefit greatly from this program.”
Individuals can register for one or all of the ten courses:
- September 18, Fundamentals of Sound and Architectural Acoustics, 1.0 AIA LU/HSW.
- September 25, Sound Isolation Secrets, 1.0 AIA LU/HSW.
- October 2, “Hear” Your Project Before it is Built – the Benefits of Acoustic Modeling and Auralization, 1.0 AIA LU/HSW.
- October 16, An Introduction to Design and Planning for Audiovisual Technologies, 1.0 AIA LU.
- October 23, Physical Attributes of Successful Videoconferencing and Distance Learning Spaces, 1.0 AIA LU.
- November 6, Technical Planning of Videoconferencing and Distance Learning Spaces,1.0 AIA LU.
- November 13, Equipment Selection for Videoconferencing and Distance Learning Spaces, 1.0 AIA LU.
- November 27, Green Acoustics: Acoustics on Green/Sustainable Projects, 1.0 LU/HSW/SD.
- December 4, K-12 Acoustics and Sustainable Design, 1.0 LU/HSW/SD.
- December 11, Architectural Glazing for Sound Isolation: LEED Challenges and Solutions, 1.0 LU/HSW/SD.
Course instructor Linda A. Gedemer, LEED AP BD+C, CTS, Associate AIA, is Senior Consultant, Audiovisual and Acoustics, Acentech Incorporated. She has extensive experience in designing and building sophisticated audio, video, data, and electronic control systems for a wide variety of commercial, educational and entertainment applications. Linda has served as the lead designer and project manager in the development of media production and presentation systems worldwide. She is also an acoustics consultant working in architectural acoustics as well as noise and vibration control and is currently pursuing her PhD in Audio Engineering and Acoustics. Linda has been actively involved in audio production work for many years and is an award winning sound editor.
LearnVirtual specializes in the design and implementation of education programs for AEC professionals. With an emphasis on e-learning, custom corporate education programs, and multi-venue hybrid education, LearnVirtual empowers individuals and companies with professional skills and industry intelligence that can be applied in everyday work environments.