Ashford, Washington (PRWEB) September 06, 2012
Whittaker Mountaineering today announces its lineup for Rainier Mountain Festival 2012, Sept. 15 and 16, available online at http://www.rainierfestival.com. The annual event, in its 11th year, includes free admission, educational and safety courses, slideshows by professional mountain guides, and a huge new and used mountain gear sale. The gear sale will also be online starting Sept. 15 at http://www.whittakermountaineering.com/outlet.
Festival highlights include:
● Book signings with Ed Viesturs, Jim Whittaker, Lou Whittaker, Dee Molenaar and Tami Asars
● Mt. Everest summiteers panel
● Slideshows by Ed Viesturs, Dave Hahn, Melissa Arnot & more
● Wilderness First Aid training by Remote Medical International
● Mountain photography workshop with Adam Angel
● Mountain safety courses by The Mountaineers and Tacoma Mountain Rescue
● Live music by Steve Stefanowicz, Sonic Funk Orchestra and Wet Heat
● Alpine games, yoga, raffle items and food
“Rainier Mountain Festival is our annual celebration when we bring some of the world’s best mountain climbers together, host a huge gear sale and invite the public to learn about mountaineering,” said Peter Whittaker, Rainier Mountaineering Inc. and Whittaker Mountaineering owner. “This year, we’re excited to have The Mountaineers, Remote Medical International and Tacoma Mountain Rescue provide even more options to get people learning about the mountains. Whether you’re a seasoned climber or new to mountaineering, there’s something for everyone at this event.”
Rainier Mountain Festival is free, open to the public and fun for all ages. Learn more at http://www.rainierfestival.com.
Based in Ashford, Washington, Whittaker Mountaineering specializes in the sale and rental of mountaineering equipment. Whether you are planning to climb the Seven Summits or hike the Wonderland Trail, the experts at Whittaker Mountaineering can help select the right gear. Lead by Peter Whittaker, the Whittaker Mountaineering Guide Team includes the some of the most experienced guides and climbers in the world, including Ed Viesturs, Dave Hahn and Melissa Arnot. Together, the team has more than 2,500 collective ascents of Mt. Rainier, 65 of Mt. McKinley and 30 ascents of Mt. Everest.