Northbrook, Illinois (PRWEB) September 06, 2012
Illinois-based insurance agency, Zande Group, which specializes in commercial insurance and risk management solutions, urges Illinois businesses to develop a natural disaster plan in the wake of Tropical Storm Isaac. The heavy rains and flooding that occurred in some areas across the Midwest this past week should motivate business owners to learn more about the benefits of having such a plan in place to reduce risk of damages and slowed or halted operations a storm can cause.
To aid in the development of such a plan, the risk management specialists at Zande Group have compiled a list of ways to keep businesses prepared in the event of a natural disaster:
1. Create a plan for how business managers or execs will communicate with each other and with staff in the event a natural disaster knocks out electricity. Phone trees are common practice. There should be a way to communicate messages about business operations to all employees.
2. Should a disaster strike during business hours, ensure everyone in your company knows how to evacuate safely or where to take cover. Install emergency lighting to guide the way should the disaster cause power failure.
3. Make an inventory of all business equipment. And make sure that list or video is backed up somewhere safe along with all other essential data.
4. Keep an up-to-date list of all customers’ contact information so that company managers can communicate with them either by phone, email, or mail in the event of a disaster. They’ll need to be made aware of all status updates, especially if the business won’t be operating for a few days or weeks.
5. Consider speaking with an insurance agent to discuss commercial insurance in Illinois. Does it cover business interruption, the costs of temporary relocation, etc.?
Zande Group provides businesses in Illinois and throughout the U.S. with comprehensive insurance and risk management solutions. For more info on how the Zande Group can help businesses prepare for the next big storm call 888-488-0208.
About Zande Group:
Located in Northbrook, Illinois, Zande Group specializes in solving even the most difficult insurance and risk management problems for corporations to small businesses. Its agents are able to provide clients with tailored commercial insurance solutions, locally and throughout the United States. The agency represents top carriers, which allows it to build a unique and comprehensive insurance package that caters to the specific needs of a company. Whether business owners are in need of liability coverage, workers compensation or even risk management, Zande Group has it all.