Houston, Texas (PRWEB) September 06, 2012
Vacant buildings still need insurance. Vacant buildings are subject to many of the same perils that occupied buildings are exposed to. Vacant building property insurance provides coverage for vacant buildings without having to pay for insurance that covers them like occupied buildings.
Property insurance for vacant buildings can cover a wide variety of properties. However, since the status of vacant buildings could change at a moment’s notice, property insurance for vacant buildings is a more flexible and adaptable insurance policy than standard insurance for the building.
We can help you with your vacant building risks. With our in-house binding authority we have the ability to place these risks. Some common scenarios include:
- A vacant 1-4 family dwelling that is up for sale
- A vacant single family dwelling that is undergoing renovations before the owner will move in
- A vacant condo whose former occupant is now in a nursing home
Flexible terms and coverage:
- Policy terms are flexible with 3,6,9 and 12 month terms available
- There is no limit on how long the structure has been vacant
- Can also write contents up to $250,000
- Renovations can also be considered
Coverage is available for other structures on the premises such as a detached garage
- We have the availability to quote excess coverage up to $5 million limit
- Minimum earner premium is only 25 percent
We can quote vacant land or land leased to others including animal grazing.
Property insurance for vacant buildings is necessary because even though the buildings have no tenants, there is still the possibility for perils to damage the property. To find the best property insurance for vacant buildings, an independent insurance agent, such as a representative from Boardwalk Insurance Group, can do the work of shopping around to find the best property insurance for vacant buildings available. With 23 affiliated insurance providers and licensed to write policies in over half the United States, Boardwalk Insurance Group has the ability to take the time to understand your needs and create the most appropriate policy for you.