In an effort to keep California college students healthy, the agency has put together a quick list of healthy habits.
Carmichael, California (PRWEB) September 10, 2012
California insurance agency, Nocito Benefit Insurance Services, provides health tips to college students who have returned to campus for the fall semester.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website, many college students have a hard time dealing with the pressure and stress of studies. It can also “be hard to deal with pressures relating to lifestyle, appearance, drugs, alcohol and sexual activity,” according to the CDC.
In an effort to keep California college students healthy, the agency has put together a quick list of healthy habits. Students should:
- Establish a new routine (rising time, meal times, study time, bed time, etc.) and stick to it.
- Plan on getting 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night. While an all-nighter may seem like a good idea, it is important to understand that little productive effort occurs after midnight.
- Learn to manage time to avoid becoming too stressed, which can affect mental health.
- Make a promise to not turn to cigarettes as a stress-reliever.
- Avoid substance use.
- Maintain healthy eating habits as opposed to turning to processed and fast foods.
- Join the school gym to maintain an active life style.
- Wash hands as often as possible to prevent the spread of germs.
- Take advantage of the campus medical center, especially for major health concerns.
Most importantly, students should be equipped with the proper health coverage. Nocito Benefit Insurance Services is dedicated to protecting California residents and businesses as well as the college communities of California with affordable health insurance and group benefits. For more information on the agency’s health insurance offerings don’t hesitate to contact an agent at 888-665-3650.
About Nocito Benefit Insurance Services:
Since opening its doors in 2001, Nocito Benefit Insurance Services has been dedicated to providing Nevada and California residents with a wide range of life and health insurance solutions, from California group health insurance to individual health, life, dental and vision policies. The agency’s relationships with various insurance companies allow its agents to find clients the right coverage for the right price. Individuals and businesses can always count on Nocito Benefit Insurance Services for a quick, accurate and affordable rate.