St. Charles, Missouri (PRWEB) September 09, 2012
The approaching holiday season, for some, can bring upon and sense of sadness, loneliness, and emptiness. Holidays can result in a renewed sense of grief as memories of traditions and time spent together begin to resurface.
The Family and Staff at Baue Funeral Homes, Crematory & Cemetery offer events that provide a safe environment for families to remember their loved ones during the holiday season with others who are experiencing the same feelings. These programs give families the freedom to embrace those memories and to honor their loves ones.
On October 23rd, 2012 Baue is sponsoring a complimentary Community Grief Seminar hosted by nationally renowned Bereavement Counselor and the Founder and Director of the Center for Loss and Life Transition in Colorado, Dr. Alan Wolfelt. Dr. Wolfelt will educate attendees on: Loving From the Outside In, Mourning From the Inside Out.
Topics will include:
· Exploring the “Ripple Effect” of Grief: Loss of Self, Security, Meaning
· Understanding Unique Aspects of Your Personal Grief
· Learning the Value of Your Grief Symptoms in Five Domains
· Describing Potential Emotional Dimensions of Your Response
· Identifying Six Central Needs of Your Mourning
· Recognizing Normal Symptoms of Your Grief: Combating “Going Crazy Syndrome”
· Exploring Critical Questions of Discernment Surrounding Your Grief
· Befriending Hope and Transformation: Love Goes On in the Face of Your Grief
· Reflecting On Your “Bill of Rights” as a Mourner
This evening seminar, from 7:00pm - 9:00pm at The Columns Banquet Center is free. To register for this event, simply go to baue.com/events. For more information call 636-946-4042.
If you are grieving or know someone that would benefit from speaking to a counselor, contact our Grief Services Manager, Kelly Karavousanos at 636-328-0878, or email griefservices(at)baue(dot)com