Gadget insurance brand, Protect Your Bubble, recently conducted a study to find out how much time people spend per day on their gadgets
ATLANTA, Ga. (PRWEB) September 09, 2012
Gadget insurance brand, Protect Your Bubble, recently conducted a study to find out how much time people spend per day on their gadgets. The results? On average, folks spend more than nine hours per day with gadgets. Protect your bubble studied 3,000 men and women and discovered that the public is so reliant on modern technology that they use it from the minute they wake up to the minute they go to bed. It doesn’t even stop there; 12 percent admit to even dream about their gadgets on occasion.
So what exactly are consumers doing in this time? According to the survey, in one day the average person spends:
- 4 hours solid on a computer
- 1 hour 34 minutes on a laptop
- 56 minutes on a smartphone(browsing, emailing, texting and social networking)
- 38 minutes on computer games
- 38 minutes on a normal mobile phone (not a smartphone)
- 38 minutes on an mp3 player
- 5 minutes setting up the GPS navigation
- 16 minutes switching TV channels
- 10 minutes setting up DVR
- 8 minutes tinkering with the washing machine
- 1 minute setting the clock radio
"We all know that modern technology plays an important part in everyday life, but it is incredible to think that so many hours are spent using gadgets” said Stephen Ebbett, President of Protect Your Bubble. “The average person probably isn't even awake for much longer than 16 hours a day and more than half of that time is completely dominated by gadgets.”
Despite relying on gadgets to get them through the day, only a quarter of people that were surveyed admitted to being totally obsessed with them. Sixty-one percent were pretty surprised at how much they depend on modern technology.
Eight in 10 people are agreed that modern gadgets save them loads of time and 70 percent dread the thought of any of their gadgets breaking or getting lost. Gadgets are a vital to consumers and Protect Your Bubble’s gadget insurance will secure all those items people just can’t live without. Their personal insurance is simple, easy and uncomplicated - from buying a policy to making a claim. Before investing in pricey smartphones, consumers should plan to protect it with Protect Your Bubble’s mobile gadget insurance. For more information, visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and
travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and routine wellness visits. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only needs to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA