(PRWEB UK) 12 September 2012
In response to consumer demand, Chartis Direct has launched a new Heart Attack and Stroke insurance policy, which gives cash payouts on diagnosis of either a heart attack or stroke. There is a choice of cover level, giving £15,000, £25,000 or £50,000 on diagnosis. The policy is designed to cover those who have not previously had medical conditions associated with a higher risk of heart attacks and strokes (such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol).
This new policy follows Chartis Direct’s successful formula of offering simple policies giving cash payouts on diagnosis of specific illnesses, as seen with its Cancer Cover policies. In fact, holders of Chartis Cancer Cover have the choice to add on Heart Attack and Stroke cover for only a (minimal) small extra monthly premium.
FLEXIBLE AND LOW-COST
- It is easy to apply for a Heart Attack and Stroke policy and no medical examination and no family medical history information is required. Visit the website http://www.heartattackandstrokecover.co.uk, or call 0800 316 6225 for more info
- UK residents aged between 18 and 69 years old are eligible to take out cover. The policy would not cover anyone who has previously suffered a heart attack or stroke, or been diagnosed with previous conditions, or received treatments associated with heart attacks and strokes, see the policy document for full details
- Monthly premiums are (as low as) just £2.99 for a non-smoking 35-39 year old who wants £25,000 cover level
- There are no rules on how the cash payout can be used; it could help cover the cost of home help, or travel or parking costs during treatment, or could help pay for a holiday to recuperate at the end of treatment
- A male or female partner can be added to the plan for a discounted rate and your children are covered at no extra cost
The new policy also offers emotional support and guidance through the Chartis Care Advisory Service provided by RED ARC. A Personal Nurse Advisor is provided to answer questions or provide practical help such as info on local support groups or rehabilitation.
Commenting on the new Heart Attack and Stroke policy, Jonathan Hewett of Chartis Direct says, ‘A heart attack or stroke can be a life-changing experience. Our policy can give much needed financial help for insured people, so they can focus on the important business of getting better.
Not everyone can afford critical illness cover, however our Cancer and Heart Attack and Stroke policies offer low cost protection against three of the major causes of serious illness in the UK^.
We’ve had some fantastic testimonials from people who have benefitted from our Cancer cover and aim to provide a corresponding level of financial and practical support for those diagnosed with heart attacks or strokes.’
Product Cover Details:
The death of a heart muscle, of specified severity due to inadequate blood supply that has resulted in all of the following evidence of a definite, severe and acute myocardial infarction in a single event:
Typical clinical symptoms (for example characteristic chest pain)
New characteristic electrocardiographic changes; and
The characteristic rise of cardiac enzymes or Troponins recorded at the following levels or higher:
- Troponin T over 1.0 ng/ml
- AccuTnl over 0.5 ng/ml or equivalent threshold with other Troponin I methods.
The death of brain tissue due to inadequate blood supply or haemorrhage within the skull resulting in permanent neurological deficit with persisting clinical symptoms of a stroke from a single event.
For the above definition, the following are not covered:
- Transient ischaemic attack.
- Traumatic injury to brain tissue or blood vessels.
Chartis will pay the benefit shown in the schedule if:
- The heart attack or stroke as defined above occurs before your 75th birthday;
- It is the first incidence of a heart attack or stroke
- Your cover under this policy has been in force for 90 days or more
- You have not suffered from one of the pre-existing conditions listed on the policy
Heart Attack and Stroke Cover is underwritten by Chartis Europe Limited (FSA No.202628) and administered by UNAT Direct Insurance Management Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. UNAT Direct Insurance management Limited is registered in England under number 03960626. Registered address: 96 George Street, Croydon, CR9 1BU. Call centre opening times; Monday to Friday 8am – 5.30pm, Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
For more information, please call Annabel Hillary or Hayley Lee at PR When You Need It Ltd, on 0203 474 0478 OR 07884 430862.
Note to editors:
*the policy is designed to cover those who have not previously had medical conditions associated with a higher risk of heart attack and stroke (such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol)
^British Heart Foundation, 2012