Every aspect of pedagogy and comprehension style was included in the awards and prizes. Our school cannot thank eInstruction enough for its truly amazing competition.
Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) September 10, 2012
eInstruction, a leading education technology company, today announced details of its sixth annual Flip Your Classroom- eInstruction Classroom Makeover Contest. Classes in the U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec) are invited to submit short, creative music videos demonstrating how they would use technology to enhance their learning experience in the classroom.
Prizes will vary based on the grade level of the winning classrooms. The complete eInstruction Classroom Makeover is valued at approximately $75,000. In addition to the classroom technology, eInstruction will provide funds for a celebratory party for each of the winning schools. The 2011 contest drew more than 12 million impressions, including views by the media, participating schools, and voters.
“It was a proud honor for Crews Lake Middle School to be awarded this amazing assortment of prizes and gifts from the competition sponsored by eInstruction,” said Joseph Groppe, technology specialist at Crews Lake Middle School in Spring Hill, FL, and one of the winners of the 2011 contest. “Our students and teachers have utilized all of the prizes to enrich our comprehensive educational environment. Every aspect of pedagogy and comprehension style was included in the awards and prizes. Our school cannot thank eInstruction enough for its truly amazing competition.”
Designed to recognize and reward K-12 students for their unique, creative vision of how technology enhances the learning experience in today’s classrooms, the Flip Your Classroom Contest provides the opportunity for students and teachers to collaborate on an interactive video project.
The winner in each category (Kindergarten through fifth grade; sixth grade through eighth grade; and ninth grade through twelfth grade) will receive a complete interactive classroom makeover with advanced interactive technology, including:
- Insight 360™ bundle- The ultimate classroom instruction system designed for mobile devices that naturally guides educators and students through a fully integrated system thanks to intuitive devices.
- Pulse 360 classpack – The most advanced version of the market-leading student response system used by millions of students and teachers around the world.
- TouchBoard- eInstruction’s interactive whiteboard allows students to work at the board for hands-on, collaborative learning and—with the TouchBoard pen-and-finger system technology, students have a more engaging, interactive classroom experience.
- Mobi Student Centered Learning Pack™- Comprised of three Mobi Learners, designed for student use, the Student-Centered Learning Pack creates collaborative classrooms by enabling multiple students or groups to contribute content to the lesson display simultaneously.
Additional prizes from co-sponsors include:
- Adaptive Curriculum- Math and Science Class Pack
- Fablevision- Animation-ish, Big Screen Books, Stationary Studio Deluxe, and Words and Their Stories
- InFocus- IN 2126 Classroom Projector
- Starrmatica- District License
- Not sponsored – Computer Laptop
eInstruction has secured an esteemed judging panel comprised of experienced industry professionals who are considered thought leaders and innovators among the education and technology community. Videos will be judged based on effective use of technology, portrayal of teachers and students working together, and overall creativity and spirit.
- September 10- Beginning at 6:00 a.m. PST, entries for the 2012 Flip Your Classroom Contest may be submitted via the official contest website, http://flipyourclassroom.einstruction.com.
- October 26- The contest closes at 11:59:59 p.m. PST.
- October 31- Three finalists in each grade category will be selected and users will be welcomed to vote for the best submissions through December 7.
- December 11- One grand prize winner will be announced for each grade category.
For complete rules and guidelines for participating in the eInstruction Classroom Makeover Video Contest, visit http://flipyourclassroom.einstruction.com.
eInstruction is a leading education technology company dedicated to providing interactive teaching and learning technology and services that help educators drive academic progress every day, and give administrators the ability to monitor, aggregate, and analyze student performance data. The company offers educators a family of software, student response systems, fixed interactive whiteboards, mobile interactive whiteboards, professional development, and content.
eInstruction’s research‐based solutions have been shown to increase student engagement and achievement while providing real‐time feedback and performance data to educators and administrators. Millions of students, teachers, and professors use eInstruction® technology in 600,000 K‐12 classrooms and more than 500 higher education institutions around the world. Available in more than 40 languages, eInstruction® technology is enhancing education in over 90 countries worldwide.
eInstruction has its global headquarters in Scottsdale, AZ and remote offices in Denton, TX; Fort Wright, KY; and Paris, France.
To learn more about eInstruction, please visit http://www.einstruction.com. For media inquiries, please contact Amy Bowman at Stanton Communications at (410) 727‐6855 or abowman(at)stantoncomm(dot)com.